Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PSP1000 with 5.50 GEN B2

Gran Turismo USA in ISO
Works fine at the start, has a bunch of slow loading screens, then hangs at the car selection screen. Hangs at the GT logo if in CSO

MotorStorm Arctic Edge EUR in CSO
Gave out an error about not starting, now it works fine. I dunno what I changed. So far no freezing.

tooton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
justinefremlouw said:
@xtreme1: persona only works in sony driver

@tooton: dude, Broken Destiny EUR has been patched long ago and worked on m33 5.00-6

Yes i know that but that is for an unencrypted eur version lying around the web. This is for those who perhaps have the umd and wants to dump it and play it on cfw without having to get the eur version.

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Macross Ultimate torrent is out and I want to know if anyone has tested it.
I will get around to it but since my internet is slow it may take a long time.

If you could test it, please post results for PSP 2K AND 3K.

drizzt8886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive tried to get Disgaea 2 working for my 3000 series with 5.00 m33-6 cfw and no matter what I try I cant seem to get it to work. Does anyone know or have a step by step way to fix this?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
drizzt8886 said:
Ive tried to get Disgaea 2 working for my 3000 series with 5.00 m33-6 cfw and no matter what I try I cant seem to get it to work. Does anyone know or have a step by step way to fix this?

This one only work @ 5.50GEN-B unfortunately.

brokenkei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fkw12 said:

Just tried it with my PSP-2K, 5.00M33-6. Game decryptor doesn't work, both v1 and v2 fail to load the eboot.bin and refuses to do anything after that. The game itself needs 5.55 fw, I'm going to load it up and see if it runs anyway.

Waiting for my Macross UF UMD to arrive from yesasia...might borrow my friends PSP and update that to play it lol. =)

On another note, Gundam Senjou no Kizuna (one of the first to need 5.50 I think ) and Armored Core 3 Portable run beautifully. Same with Motorstorm! Persona and GT-P are stuck on the black screen though.

Quick Edit MACROSS UF DOES NOT NEED THE DECRYPTOR! WORKS STRIGHT FROM THE MEM STICK!
rolleyes.gif
lol, so that's why the Decryptor fails to load. XD

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just to inform you guys Gran Tursimo EU version works (got it from a friend) but the release from next level doesn´t because it´s a bad dump.

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
brokenkei said:
fkw12 said:

Just tried it with my PSP-2K, 5.00M33-6. Game decryptor doesn't work, both v1 and v2 fail to load the eboot.bin and refuses to do anything after that. The game itself needs 5.55 fw, I'm going to load it up and see if it runs anyway.

Waiting for my Macross UF UMD to arrive from yesasia...might borrow my friends PSP and update that to play it lol. =)

On another note, Gundam Senjou no Kizuna (one of the first to need 5.50 I think ) and Armored Core 3 Portable run beautifully. Same with Motorstorm! Persona and GT-P are stuck on the black screen though.

Quick Edit MACROSS UF DOES NOT NEED THE DECRYPTOR! WORKS STRIGHT FROM THE MEM STICK!
rolleyes.gif
lol, so that's why the Decryptor fails to load. XD
Great news! xD
Macross/AC3P works on PSP 3K with GEN A 5.03 also.

highanimalhouse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the compatibility for decrypter if you're still on 5.00 m33 and don't want to update to GEN 5.50 B-2 just yet? I'm kinda wanting to wait until a legit 6.00 CFW comes out before I do so and/or the compatibility for older games on GEN 5.50 is nearly perfect.

Although I may just go ahead and update to GEN B-2....

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
highanimalhouse said:
What's the compatibility for decrypter if you're still on 5.00 m33 and don't want to update to GEN 5.50 B-2 just yet? I'm kinda wanting to wait until a legit 6.00 CFW comes out before I do so and/or the compatibility for older games on GEN 5.50 is nearly perfect.

Although I may just go ahead and update to GEN B-2....

from what I have been searching so far, the capabilities of m33 5.00 is similar to PSP 3K with GEN 5.03
all the games that work on PSP 3K would work on the m33 but I heard ACP3 and other games would have control problems.

BigNastyCurve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something really weird happened with my Motorstorm EU copy - I decrypted it and it ran just fine *yesterday* but *today* all I get is a black screen. Really, really weird! Anyone heard of this happening?

edit: works with M33 driver, but I know that I was using the Sony driver when I first tried it. Odd.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tried the downgrade to 4.01m33 to play gran turismo
it really worked

i had the decrypted eboot & spoofed to version.txt with 6.10
that did the trick

i still would really like to know, how it can be, that gt runs under 4.01 but not 5.00

/edit
works for undead knights too

buggers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed that some games do not work on the PSP 3000 units on 5.03 GEN/MHU firmware. Does anyone know if there is a technical reason why this happens?
Does the PSP 3000's version.txt have to be edited? I know that could potentially brick the system. It would be cool if there was a simple work around for the PSP 3000's to play games like Persona, I am dying to play it.

bebpo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't get Ys Seven or Ys I & II Chronicles working.

For Ys Seven, by following the quote part about export/import fielist txt I can get it to boot and show the Falcom logo fmv. But after that the screen goes black and then the PSP powers off.

Ys I & II isn't 6.00, but just listing it because it does a similar thing. It boots to the main menu where you pick Ys I or II, but once you pick a game it freezes on the now loading screen and then powers off your psp.

It's like Falcom has found a counter-measure to running off a memstick. Either that or I'm doing something wrong. All other games work.

On 5.50GEN-B PSP-1000

Gohobojoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Disgaea 2 isn't working with CFWe and 5.03 m33-6.
Tried m33 and SONY drivers.

Pain in the ass to do the ChickHEN thing over and over.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gohobojoe said:
Disgaea 2 isn't working with CFWe and 5.03 m33-6.
Tried m33 and SONY drivers.

Pain in the ass to do the ChickHEN thing over and over.

Try Normal mode with an UMD at drive, if you have one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up