Hacking FTP with Wii through main menu?

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently when I want to FTP to my Wii, I need to turn it on, load up WiiXplorer, click on FTP from within the start menu, then start the the FTP server. I know it doesn't sound bad, but after multiple times all the loading, pointing and clicking, it becomes tedious. What makes it worse is that the FTP on the Wii always times out or disconnects. Requiring me to go back to the Wii and re-start the FTP server. (This last part happens A LOT!)

Is there a way to communicate with the Wii with it simply being on? Or perhaps another method that doesn't require so many steps. Ideally, I'd like to just start up the Wii, run over to my PC, start the FTP client, and not have to worry about the Wii anymore.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be a nice system level patch, but I assume it's implementation would require some serious work. Network access is always going on the Home Menu but then you'd still only be able to read out NAND, SD, and DVD since no USB gets mounted... unless you patched that as well but that's even more work.

Last edited by lisreal2401,

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it would.:P What I'm doing now is transferring via SMB, instead of FTP, while still using WiiXplorer.

Not only does it provide a much more consistent connection, but it's also more flexible as I can access the SMB with my phone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.