Hacking Force all games to run in NTSC mode from Wii Menu?

GreenJr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried using a component cable and setting the system menu to 480p? Then PAL and NTSC games should both happily run at 60hz. I never needed to force a video mode for the game that refuse to run in the wrong video mode, because 480p mode is the same for NTSC & PAL.

It seems a whole lot less hassle than changing your region anyway
I already got 480p enabled, and it's still not running properly. Most of the games that I wish to run in 60Hz are older games from the N64 era. Newer games might work differently compared to them.

I use a monitor for my Wii as I got no TV, to connect it I use a component-to-HDMI converter and it works alright, except for some small borders that can be in the screen for some games. I have tried connecting it directly to a TV but it's suffering from the same refresh rate problems.

Also to clarify, I do use a component cable and yes 480p is selected in the Wii Settings menu.

I do greatly appreciate the help you're giving me guys, if I don't have to change the system region then that would indeed be nice.

Kumadoken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried RegionFrii, you can patch the games to at the region you want... not sure if that will resolve the refresh rates issue.

Worth trying if you haven't already....

I don't see what else you can do other than changing the region of you wii.

GreenJr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello again. So I tried to use the Any Region Changer, but unfortunately it just freezes my Wii. I did install IOS36 V1024 using Boot-Mii if that means anything, since it was kinda recommended according to this article.

I downloaded the latest version as well, but as soon as it asks me to press (1) to proceed the Wii just instantly freezes. I have no idea what I have to do here, help is appreciated.

Fluffy_258

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'd did is that I got the legend of Zelda MAJORAS mask wad NTSC but when I installed it it was in European format. I live in the United States. So using preloader region options is mostly all that u need

Fluffy_258

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For ur problem of ur Wii freezing/ look a like brick, boot preloader and with a saved backup of ur Wiis nand id boot it back up with that copy and you'll still hav preloader installed even though that youcmade a backup of ur Wii earlier

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz