Follow Limit

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 890
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
So, I got really board and decided to follow as many people I could seek out. But I got this error.
upload_2016-10-18_0-58-59.png

I was wondering, why? Why is there a limit to people you could follow. What if somebody really needed to follow more than 1000 people? Just asking here

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just out of curiosity, can you come up with a valid reason? Why do you think even Twitter switched to a filtering mechanism?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is likely a combination of sanity, security and a hope that nobody would need it.

I imagine the forum has not adopted the facebook, youtube subscription and google search style "just show them a decent selection of stuff from those they follow" approach and therefore your thousand person follow list generates a serious database query or database load depending upon how it is coded.

If someone really needed to it would probably fall under tough shit. I don't know if mods are subject to such things like the difference between staff and users for using the search repeatedly, and if a user really needed such things (I don't see why but hey) then it might be that a special user group could be made for them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E