Hardware Homebrew FlashMe to get Brightness

evelyntomology

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone!
I want to use FlashMe to get the DS lite brightness on my DS Phat. When disconnecting a game while in the pictochat menu, the screens turn magenta, which I've been told means that the hardware of my DS is V5. I bought an R4 Revolution. I honestly can't find any threads or videos that explain how to install FlashMe in a way I can understand. Sorry if this has been posted before, I honestly couldn't find anything like this. Any help would be appreciated

Evelyn

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!
I want to use FlashMe to get the DS lite brightness on my DS Phat. When disconnecting a game while in the pictochat menu, the screens turn magenta, which I've been told means that the hardware of my DS is V5. I bought an R4 Revolution. I honestly can't find any threads or videos that explain how to install FlashMe in a way I can understand. Sorry if this has been posted before, I honestly couldn't find anything like this. Any help would be appreciated

Evelyn
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/FlashMe

evelyntomology

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The installation instructions say it's for a DS lite, which is why I didn't use that. Can I ignore that and just use that method all the same?
Post automatically merged:

Do I need a kernel or something on my R4? I don't know anything about these carts...

Last edited by evelyntomology,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The installation instructions say it's for a DS lite, which is why I didn't use that. Can I ignore that and just use that method all the same?
The same applies to the original DS, but the SL point is inside the case so you need to disassemble the back before soldering to the point.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Soldering? I have to solder to install FlashMe?
Yes. To reflash the firmware of course. DS lites are fairly simple to do since the SL point is right below underneath the battery cover, whereas the original DS has it hidden inside of the back plate.
Post automatically merged:

Alternatively, if you have a DS lite, stick a bit of foil into where the SL pad is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game +1