Tidalwave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,
Long time lurker here; looks like I haven't posted anything since 2003.

A little background; I've had a Flash2Advance 256Mb cart for a long time, with the old parallel printer port linker.
I flashed things pretty consistently into it back then, but I haven't updated the games on the cart for least 15 years. The cart itself has worked fine all these years, though.

I recently came across a thread here on the GBATemp forums from 2016 that taught how to flash the cart via a DS (apparently I can't post links with my account).
I figured I might as well update the games on mine since I was getting sick of the same games.

Problem is that after following the instructions and flashing a Pogoshell-generated BIN file on the Flash2Advance, all I get is black screen when it boot it up on my GBA.
I even tried with a minimal tiny BIN file (just Pogoshell and the GameCube Multiboot Games rom), but still no luck, just a black screen when I boot it up on my SP or Micro.

Has anyone ever come across this before, and can point me in the right direction?
What am I missing?

Tidalwave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Posting to close up the loop here.

Turns out all I needed was a different version of PogoShell.
The version included in the zip file with the application to flash from the DS was PogoShell 1.2.h1.
I found PogoShell 1.2 and 1.3; used those and either/both of those worked.

Tidalwave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One more thing for me to add.
Not sure what the reason is, but using PogoShell 1.3 makes some games not run. Yoshi's Island and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (both US and JP) only booted up to a blank white screen (but I know I played FFTA JP on it some 15+ years ago).
Retried using PogoShell 1.2 to compile the package, and everything seems to be fine.

Reactions: mrgone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto