Flash cart for the Switch incoming?

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will nintendo ban people - probably, but the more they ban the more people will just keep pirating in the future as if you're banned you don't really have the choice anymore to buy your switch games so piracy is your only option.
Nintendo sold over 132 million Switches. To put this into perspective, GBAtemp has 0.5 million members. That's less than 0.0038 of their customer base. Nintendo will have no problem banning whoever they catch using this as a deterrent.

Nintendo DGAF if "you don't really have the choice anymore to buy your switch games so piracy is your only option."

Nintendo will be like, "ohhhh booohooohooo, cry me a river whiny snowflakes. We know REALISTICALLY that pirates NEVER intend to purchase a legit game in the first place... BAN!! "

🤣😂

I won't be getting a MIG, it seems like a hassle to use. Most ppl on here are already chip modded. And for those on the JIG mod, that is way easier to use and you get homebrew.

Last edited by madisonswitch,

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
1704388120077.png

In Brazil, some random dude is making a pre-order for the MIG, from a site ,near 120 usd

Payment method: Pix (transfer western union like, theorically not refoundable)...

Well, What does this guy know that 90% of people here don't? :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 411886

In Brazil, some random dude is making a pre-order for the MIG.

Payment method: Pix (transfer western union like, theorically not refoundable)...

Well, What does this guy know that 90% of people here don't? :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
Who records themselves ordering something with a face cam anyway?

Thats so cringy. Whats next recording yourself ordering your meal at McDonald’s ?

Reactions: impeeza and BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 411886

In Brazil, some random dude is making a pre-order for the MIG.

Doubt this is real. If so he can't be buying but 2 units. R$ 597.00 = 121.767054 US Dollars
edit: lol @cilione you beat me to it. I've seen they listed at $65 US per unit.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Assuming this device is real, i plan to use it to learn the basics of circuitry so i can make a middle man device with a button (and maybe esp32 for wireless) to help with that

Sorta like how action replay DS brings the cart outside of the system. I can’t imagine it would be hard.
When you put a gamecard into the switch you can here it clicking, so it must just be a switch that is activated on inserting and removal. I guess that triggers some software check to read the gamecard contents. You could probably solder in a simple TTP223 Capacitive touch switch to do this instead of removing/inserting the card. But then you if you are going to go to that hassle you may as well just solder in a chip such as the picofly. If there's not a switch being activated and only the card contacts are shorting two points in the card reader - this could also be easy to mod, but you'll need a multimeter to check this. TBH if chip clone come out or there's a v2 mig switch, this could be achieved with a small metal strip on top of the card wired to a Capacitive pin on the main ic, this would save a lot of wear on the card reader spring and pins.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you put a gamecard into the switch you can here it clicking, so it must just be a switch that is activated on inserting and removal. I guess that triggers some software check to read the gamecard contents. You could probably solder in a simple TTP223 Capacitive touch switch to do this instead of removing/inserting the card. But then you if you are going to go to that hassle you may as well just solder in a chip such as the picofly. If there's not a switch being activated and only the card contacts are shorting two points in the card reader - this could also be easy to mod, but you'll need a multimeter to check this. TBH if chip clone come out or there's a v2 mig switch, this could be achieved with a small metal strip on top of the card wired to a Capacitive pin on the main ic, this would save a lot of wear on the card reader spring and pins.
I don’t think you need to actual trigger the click

There’s already a kinda similar solution on Amazon. It’s a 4 in 1 cart switcher that rests on the dock and has a button

That being said still helpful information thank you!

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
well as it happens to know price will be around 65usd , i expect chinese clones incoming within 2-3 months at lower price. fan fact modchip service is around 85usd in my country...

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 411886

In Brazil, some random dude is making a pre-order for the MIG, from a site ,near 120 usd

Looks like he's about to be disappointed. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Reactions: impeeza and tabzer

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
NGL, if we have to eject and re-insert the card to load up the next game, this is going to be a PITA to use in docked mode.

I've got 120 games.

Does it just load the next game in alphabetical order?

What if you wanna load a game that starts with "Z"?

Also gonna be inconvenient to have to get up off the couch every time you want to switch to a new game.
You can wait for a GDmenu ...err Migmenu to apear if that is the case for a convenience usage.

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming this device is real, i plan to use it to learn the basics of circuitry so i can make a middle man device with a button (and maybe esp32 for wireless) to help with that

Sorta like how action replay DS brings the cart outside of the system. I can’t imagine it would be hard.

71vLH9p7tLL._SL1500_.jpg

Pretty sure something like this can be hijacked to do the same thing? THe MIG would see you swapping as a disconnected Gamecard, no?

Also I think there's a thread about this product where you said you wanted to attempt something like that, right?

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

71vLH9p7tLL._SL1500_.jpg

Pretty sure something like this can be hijacked to do the same thing? THe MIG would see you swapping as a disconnected Gamecard, no?

Also I think there's a thread about this product where you said you wanted to attempt something like that, right?
I did also say something similar in that thread ha Motivation goes as quickly as it comes. I just go with the flow of where my ADHD takes me lmao

Something like that could be hijacked easily enough though. Theres even little $10 smart devices you can buy on amazon that are made for pressing buttons that would probably work fine. But that would likely be more expensive

Last edited by TheStonedModder,
Reactions: JonJaded

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, still no pics of that dumper tool. Gotta be a reason why they not showing it.
If the box is small, how big is this dumper supposed to be anyway. I kind of think it might not work exactly as advertised anyway. They should have really showed a picture. When I say that it might not work as advertised is because I’m thinking about my m3i for the ds, I misplaced that flash cart somewhere but that update piece it came with broke so unless I missed something about it, I had no way to update it, this thing hopefully isn’t going to be cheaply made.

Reactions: BigOnYa

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP

71vLH9p7tLL._SL1500_.jpg

On a gamecard slot in the switch, It looks like pins 1 and 2 get grounded when a card is inserted:

https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Gamecard

I've not seen the mig switch design yet, but if that is the same as a card these would need a card design change if they work the same was as an original card in this respect if you wanted to add a toggle button/sensor to the actual card. I woud imagine that the device you linked is just switching gnd or vcc signals on each card port and that's how it switches between card ports. I am of course just speculating at this point, when someone gets the hardware they can test this by adding a bit of tape to the card tracks for pin 1 & 2.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a gamecard slot in the switch, It looks like pins 1 and 2 get grounded when a card is inserted:

https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Gamecard

I've not seen the mig switch design yet, but if that is the same as a card these would need a card design change if they work the same was as an original card in this respect if you wanted to add a toggle button/sensor to the actual card. I woud imagine that the device you linked is just switching gnd or vcc signals on each card port and that's how it switches between card ports. I am of course just speculating at this point, when someone gets the hardware they can test this by adding a bit of tape to the card tracks for pin 1 & 2.
Yea that looks like the case, pins 1&2. If so, you could carefully cut trace between that first pad, and wire a small normally closed switch on top. So you press the small switch to break that contact. Shouldn't be that hard. You'd think they would have incorporated that in the design to begin with.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Yea that looks like the case, pins 1&2. If so, you could carefully cut trace between that first pad, and wire a small normally closed switch on top. So you press the small switch to break that contact. Shouldn't be that hard. You'd think they would have incorporated that in the design to begin with.
Maybe they have? until it's released or until versions are shipped out to reviewers we have no idea. However I do agree that this could have been made better if there isn't a way to switch games without the constant removal of the card to switch the games.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adding a button is just expensive, first they have to sell enough of this version to cover the expenses. Their learning from sky3ds, I believe that didn’t have a button at first.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Adding a button is just expensive, first they have to sell enough of this version to cover the expenses. Their learning from sky3ds, I believe that didn’t have a button at first.
You can use an IC instead of a button:

https://datasheet.lcsc.com/lcsc/TTP223-BA6_C80757.pdf

You would just need to add a thin metal strip on top of the card as a touch point. However with a capacitor you can change the touch range so that it was under the plastic, then you would just need to run your finger over the cart to achieve the same result.

Still I agree with you, that does add expense so maybe once a few are sold there will be a card revision as these parts are cheap as hell to add and would only require a few minor changes to the pcb design.

For a full toggle on/off IC sensor:
https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/devicedoc/40001948a.pdf

PI hut sell them and the circuit can be copied from this:
https://thepihut.com/products/adafruit-standalone-toggle-capacitive-touch-sensor-breakout

Last edited by mrdude,

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they have? until it's released or until versions are shipped out to reviewers we have no idea. However I do agree that this could have been made better if there isn't a way to switch games without the constant removal of the card to switch the games.
They said they didn’t include a button because it would be too fragile at the small size so they wanted to rely on nintendos more robust cart ejection spring thing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.