Hacking FlasahMe and Wii Compatibility

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it more then likely will. Flashed DS's have no problems running software that has been sent to them wirelessly, whether it is signed or unsigned. Regardless the Wii would be sending signed code as it wouldn't be expecting a flashed DS. So if flashed DS's don't work w/ the Wii, this won't be the issue.

It would be more likely that Nintendo threw some code in to check for FlashMe and then fails if the code detects it. I find this to be pretty unlikely as it would first be a waste of the DS's already limited RAM first off. Also, I suspect that any connectivity between games on a flash cart and games on the Wii (like GBA/GCN games requiring a GCN version AND a GBA version used in conjunction) will be broken in the same manner DS download play is for the exact same reasons (except for perhaps on the DS-X, but if that's your flash cart of choice you have very little reason to flash your DS). That leaves Nintendo w/ very little reason IMO to "punish" FlashMe users.

Nintendo could easily check for FlashMe in DS games currently and cause them to not work. They don't. They probably never will. Why start doing it w/ the Wii? It would pretty much be a waste of time, effort and money to do so as it would really be more of a problem then a solution.

I mean, I often wonder how many stealth flashed (or hell even non-stealth) DS's have been sold to retailers who sell used hardware. Of those that have been, how many will make it in to the hands of people who have no idea what FlashMe is? Can you imagine the backlash that could happen if Nintendo started doing something like the above to combat FlashMe usage?

D

Deleted User

I think there will be some sort of check and lock out if you are using roms to connect to the Wii and then the internet. Sort of like the XBox lock out. With the XBox if they notice you had a Mod chip in while using an online game they could ban you from the servers.
This could be one possible scenario.

D

Deleted User

I think there will be some sort of check and lock out if you are using roms to connect to the Wii and then the internet. Sort of like the XBox lock out. With the XBox if they noticed you had a Mod chip in while using an online game they could ban you from the servers.
This could be one possible scenario.

D

Deleted User

I don't know about question 1 but with the SCSD you have to patch most of the ROMS now so I guess it might look for that type of thing. Purely speculation though.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I heard from a super secret source that when a DS with FlashMe syncs with the Wii, it gets bricked.
Well, i heard from a super secret source that a DS with FlashMe has protected space giving it the ability to recover from bricking software.

But i see as soon as Wii gets hacked there's going to be a bricker. And soon after there's going to be a recovery like flashme.

And as an answer to question 1: Trojans have to be specially made per system. Example: there are some viruses that will only affect Windows systems (A GREAT DEAL OF THEM) and there are some viruses that will attack linux (But that's why there's securtiy versions of linux) and some that only attack macs (but i've never heard of any, maybe because i don't know anyone with a mac) Viruses / trojans are usually in binary so they can get direct access to all parts of the system and mess it up. Example: Let's just say that speech = Actionscript and electrical nerve pulses = binary. Your computer can't get a virus in actionscript because like speech, the processor (your brain) must interpret it before it can do anything with the information. However, your computer can get a virus in binary, because when binary = electrical nerve impulses, you can't control the subconscious activities of your brain. Your heart just beats on, but your brain tells it when to beat, but you don't tell your brain to tell your heart to beat. But antivirus software is smart and catches retarded viruses, while smart viruses get past it, and the people who make your antivirus software say "well hey, wait. We don't know enough about that virus to get rid of it"

Going back to being locked out. Microsoft is paranoid. Look at the DRM they're proposing for Vista. That is a perfect example. Nintendo really doesn't care, because I'm probably the only person in south florida who has a supercard. so i'm like 1 in 1500000 who actively uses ROMs. Now do you think that a big company like nintendo who markets to kids (and since brain age, senior citizens) is going to worry about us (teens - middle aged persons) who are far and few to the point where we use a forum as a portal to conjugate (not dissin' GBATemp or anything. As a matter of fact this is my favorite forum ATM) shows that we are a minor threat to Nintendo, and they're just going to make our lives harder, not ruin them. Vista's DRM is going to make PC enthusiasts buy like 3000 of their stupid OS that needs ultra-fast computers to run smoothly because we swap out components.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I heard from a super secret source that when a DS with FlashMe syncs with the Wii, it gets bricked.

Well, i heard from a super secret source that a DS with FlashMe has protected space giving it the ability to recover from bricking software.
Well I heard from a super secret source that everyone posting on this this "Wii - Hacking" board is a moron, sans travis134.
Yes I just said I was a moron.
wacko.gif

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Xbox Live didn't check if you had a Modchip per sé.
Because it could ban you if you'd just flashed ur xbox.

But anyway it checks some kind of change in the hardrive-eeprom connectivity.
If that's changed (when it's modded) it can ban you.
I think it goes like that.

Q~

-KangaRod-

Trophies
Website
kangarod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo can't go around bricking people's DS's, I know a few people that have supercards just for convience, even thought they own all the software on their cards.

There is nothing illegal about playing a backup of a game you already own. Likewise, Microsoft can't ban people with flashed XBOX 360's, and even when they tried, they just ended up bricking a bunch of legit XBox's

akcanadianeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is nothing illegal about playing a backup of a game you already own.

Nothing illegal... read any copyright laws lately? Read the EULAs in the manuals of those games you've "bought?" You do not have the right to make a backup copy of the game. You do not own the game. You own the physical media and you have a license to use the included software compliant with the terms in the EULA. And if you read the EULA to find out what rights you just licensed, making/using a backup is not one of them. All other rights reserved, subject to the specific laws of the jurisdiction in which you live.

Nothing illegal about playing a backup of a game you already own... that almost smells as bad as the "fact" that you can pirate anything for 24 hours and it's perfectly legal.
rofl2.gif

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is nothing illegal about playing a backup of a game you already own.

Nothing illegal... read any copyright laws lately? Read the EULAs in the manuals of those games you've "bought?" You do not have the right to make a backup copy of the game. You do not own the game. You own the physical media and you have a license to use the included software compliant with the terms in the EULA. And if you read the EULA to find out what rights you just licensed, making/using a backup is not one of them. All other rights reserved, subject to the specific laws of the jurisdiction in which you live.

Nothing illegal about playing a backup of a game you already own... that almost smells as bad as the "fact" that you can pirate anything for 24 hours and it's perfectly legal.
rofl2.gif

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

If you read the copyright law, you can't lend the game or sell a game you own. I don't see anyone complaining about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-