Fix clients nintendo switch help. SN and FW is a mess!

MagicStarGr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello,

I have fixed many nintendo switch in my store but on this one I got stuck and I need your help!

Client gave me a Nintendo Switch that tried to put CFW on it. Switch has original SN: XAJ40026782313. I don't know what he exactly did, but the condition of the nintendo now is this:

1. Serial number on system information is different than the original.
2. Can boot on OFW and CFW but you can't open any homebrew app or play original games from the slot.
3. Sometimes when booting has error 2002-4153 and at the bottom has this (1) SN: XAJ40001320066.

Does anyone knows what is going on?

Thanks in advance!
Pantelis

Last edited by MagicStarGr,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None at all man. Never seen any of this serial number mix up business. Not even sure where to begin making it that way if I wanted to.

MagicStarGr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thank you for your replies! His father tryed to hack it. He mention that followed a video on youtube after a problem he had and probably he switched the NAND with another Nintendo. Is that a possible solution for the problems that has? If yes is any way we could fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For 2002-4153 you can try to update the system if that doesn't solve it, it probably being pointed at corrupted data, probably have to test every game and every save data, worse case have to try another SD card.

MagicStarGr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The system unfortunately is updated on the latest FW. I did a factory reset also. The main problem is that is not playing any game from slot, and cannot boot or install tinfoil when be on CFW.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The system unfortunately is updated on the latest FW. I did a factory reset also. The main problem is that is not playing any game from slot, and cannot boot or install tinfoil when be on CFW.

If it is using nogc it would explain why is doesn't work, you need to try on ofw.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try the cards on OFW. Nintendo is already banned because the owner boot in OFW in order to update it.
I'm not sure if you are using hekate to boot atmosphere or not, but you will have to disable NOGC in the ini file for atmosphere, if that don't work, your cart slot might be fucked

this is from the atmosphere github

Configuring "nogc" Protection​

"nogc" is a feature provided by fusée-secondary which disables the Nintendo Switch's Game Card reader. Its purpose is to prevent the reader from being updated when the console has been updated, without burning fuses, from a lower firmware version. More specifically, from firmware versions 4.0.0 or 9.0.0 which introduced updates to the Game Card reader's firmware. By default, Atmosphère will protect the Game Card reader automatically, but you are free to change it.

To change its functionality, add the following line to the stratosphere section and change the value of X according to the following list:

[stratosphere]
nogc = X
1 = force-enable nogc, so Atmosphère will always disable the Game Card reader.
0 = force-disable nogc, so Atmosphère will always enable the Game Card reader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it