ROM Hack Question ffxii undub?

Unknown27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this possible like in ffx/x2? i hate the loud microphone usa voiceovers.

The switch version already has the original Japanese voices included.

g6h1mknfhau21.jpg

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read again. You're wrong.

XII has Japanese voices from the beginning.
"Cough" Cough" the guy telling me I read wrong is the one who read wrong lul. Hes asking if X/X-2 can have an undub option not if it had Japanese audio... which it does, thats not the same as playing in English text with Jpn audio"Undub"
He would have to play the game in full Japanese just to hear jpn voices by changing his console language. Unless he can read Japanese thats his only option for now

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: Update

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"Cough" Cough" the guy telling me I read wrong is the one who read wrong lul. Hes asking if X/X-2 can have an undub option not if it had Japanese audio... which it does thats not the same as playing in English text with Jpn audio"Undub"
1. Title of topic: "ffxii undub?". Protip: XII

2. Undub is bringing original voices which means Japanese in case of this game. Subtitle language doesn't matter. XII has Japanese voices from the beginning.

3. "Is this possible like in ffx/x2?"
>>like in
Why like in? Because it's already done.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/final-fantasy-x-x-2-undub.536858/

"lul"

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: orangpelupa

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Title of topic: "ffxii undub?". Protip: XII
2. Undub is bringing original voices which means Japanese in case of this game. Subtitle language doesn't matter. XII has Japanese voices from the beginning.
3. "Is this possible like in ffx/x2?"
>>like in
I read his first post not the title my mistake he said "Like FFX/X-2" so I was thinking he was playing FFX and yes I know what undub means but in our perspective it requires subtitles for us to understand otherwise we just be playing imports for the original audio. Eitherway FF X/X-2 are not undubned with "English text" on the Switch yet which is why I jumped the gun

Last edited by MasterJ360,

I_am_the_ruler_of_zelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my bad dont yell at him. this was my fault for not knowing.. i just remember the ps2 had no options to change.. and i thought the same for this remake. this was my bad. report me if u must.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its fine OP my mistake I'll take the backlash I didn't even know that undub thread existed. Last time I checked undubing X was still in WIP as only a select few knew or should I say comprehend on how to repack the game another thread massagrator made actually which I followed btw, but at the time it barely had in any guides to followup. Good thing I read wrong probably woldn't have known about X's finalized undub patch.

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: can't spell

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just if someone is saying that you're wrong, update your actual state of knowledge before accusing someone of wrongly accusing. ;)
Then this discussion could be easily avoided.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just if someone is saying that you're wrong, update your actual state of knowledge before accusing someone of wrongly accusing. ;)
Then this discussion could be easily avoided.
Before the mods step in I'll take all the mockery since I deserve it I just saw him mention FFX-X-2 undub which I knew it was in WIP from your old thread until you told me otherwise. My knowledge came from an old source which you updated in a new thread. I'll give you credit on your work, but another thing that could help prevent confusion is keep all your work in 1 thread that way most of us wont be wrong knowing any updates are out :) My mistake on my rudeness the OP has already gotten his answer from the 1st response anything after that contributes to nothing.

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: slightly offtopic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: b