Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so im about to buy a psp after all this time and wanted to know does it have something like the DS where i can buy a flashcard for it so i can just download games for it like m3 real i have for my DS. If not how is it possible to download psp games and play them on the psp?

I just wanna know the details on this b4 i buy a certain model. BTW i have heard to get a 1000 model whys that? Sorry for the noobish questions just wanting some info.

Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok i see how to hack it now so what do i do after i hack it? Like just download games and put them in a folder or do i need the psp and do the hacking and it will become clear then?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Intimidator88 said:
Ok i see how to hack it now so what do i do after i hack it? Like just download games and put them in a folder or do i need the psp and do the hacking and it will become clear then?Download games and put them in the ISO folderQUOTE(Intimidator88 @ Oct 1 2010, 09:53 AM) Also what can a psp play? Like would i be able to play like gba,snes and nes roms on it like the ds does? If so can it go farther and play ps1 games as well?
http://gbatemp.net/t224035-psp-retro-emulators
and yes, PSP can play PS1 games.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
AC/DS said:
prowler_ said:
All 3000 WITH FIRMWARE 5.03 OR LOWER semi hackable

Fixed for correctness.
They still have the same motherboard if they are higher than 5.03.
And AFAIK, the motherboards are known as semi-hackable.

If the OP read my guide that I linked to in my post, he would of known that he cannot use semi-cfw.

edit: and with this question popping up every two or three days, it gets boring having to repeat yourself OVER and OVER again.

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Those motherboards may be known as semi-hackable, but they are ONLY semi-hackable with the 5.03 firmware. I know I am being anal-retentive here ;-) but this small detail should be stressed IMHO, as it can save many people from frustration if they buy a 3000 with a higher firmware version and find out they cannot play isos on it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
AC/DS said:
Fixed for accuracy.

Fixed for language abuse.
wink.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Intimidator88 said:
Also what can a psp play? Like would i be able to play like gba,snes and nes roms on it like the ds does? If so can it go farther and play ps1 games as well?
GBA: gPSP emulator, works 100% smooth on most games.*
PS1: pops, built-in emulator made by sony, most games work, all run smooth, but you need to convert images to eboot format first. *1
haven't checked nes/snes yet but those should work too.

even old PC games can be made to work using dosbox(old=DOS era though)*

DS is possible as well, but only at unplayable speeds.
N64 works too(daedalus, not very stable though), and pretty much any console older than the ones listed here.*

*:can work on newer firmwares using homebrewloader, but this requires very specific PSN bought games with hacked saves

:works on official firmware too, but only with games supplied by sony through PSN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1