Hacking Few Questions about NTRBoothax/Magnethax...

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I rise from the ashes, to ask questions! My R4i Gold from ndscard is being shipped to me, in the mean time I have some (1) questions!

1. My console (o2ds, bricked during a9lh setup.) is bricked, how would I go about fixing it? I have both my SysNAND and EmuNAND backed up. I may just be an idiot, but I'm kinda confused. DOes it just work without the NAND image or not? Is there any extra steps?

BTW thanks in advance for any help. Sorry if I sound like an Idiot.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have two options:
  1. Use ntrboot to install B9S. Afterward, use GodMode9 to restore your sysNAND backup (or emuNAND backup) to your sysNAND.
  2. Use ntrboot to install B9S. Afterward, perform a 9.2 CTRNAND transfer. <-- There's no reason to do this unless you're without a functional NAND backup.
This works because ntrboot has access to the bootrom and doesn't require a functional NAND to run.

Last edited by Lacius,

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You have two options:
  1. Use ntrboot to install B9S. Afterward, use GodMode9 to restore your sysNAND backup (or emuNAND backup) to your sysNAND.
  2. Use ntrboot to install B9S. Afterward, perform a 9.2 CTRNAND transfer. <-- There's no reason to do this unless you're without a functional NAND backup.
This works because ntrboot has access to the bootrom and doesn't require a functional NAND to run.
Ah, I see. Thank you. So just google how to use GodMode9. I'd have to have the NAND.bin on root I'm guessing, then I copy the NAND backup to its original spot. How would I acces GodMode9 after installing is there a GodMode9 boot.firm?

Last edited by Luglige,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see. Thank you. So just google how to use GodMode9. I'd have to have the NAND.bin on root I'm guessing, then I copy the NAND backup to its original spot. How would I acces GodMode9 after installing is ther a GodMode9 boot.firm?
You would use B9S to launch the GodMode9.firm file. Once launched, you would find the sysNAND (or emuNAND) .bin file on your SD card, click it, and restore it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...