Fatal Error: Failed to Identify FS

Rayth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Hi. A game I was playing suddenly froze (but I could still navigate back to the Switch home menu), so I closed the game and restarted the system. However, ever since I keep getting an error saying 'fatal error occurred when running Fusee. Failed to identify FS' (see picture). I can boot into Hekate, but when I try to launch Atmosphere the logo just briefly pops up before I get the error (and pressing power to reboot doesn't fix it).

I have already tried deleting all the files on my SD card except for the emuMMC and Nintendo folders (as they are huge) to copy over the latest atmosphere, fusee.bin, sigpatches etc as per the Rentry guide to see if I can get Atmosphere to load. It didn't work. I also tried copying the files from an older SD card backup (Oct 2022), which also didn't work - I keep getting the same error.

Anybody now what went wrong and if there is a fix please? I haven't done any Atmosphere updates for at least 2-3 months. And I have an older erista/unpatched switch.

Attachments

• 20230121_163144.jpg
    20230121_163144.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 70

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. A game I was playing suddenly froze (but I could still navigate back to the Switch home menu), so I closed the game and restarted the system. However, ever since I keep getting an error saying 'fatal error occurred when running Fusee. Failed to identify FS' (see picture). I can boot into Hekate, but when I try to launch Atmosphere the logo just briefly pops up before I get the error (and pressing power to reboot doesn't fix it).

I have already tried deleting all the files on my SD card except for the emuMMC and Nintendo folders (as they are huge) to copy over the latest atmosphere, fusee.bin, sigpatches etc as per the Rentry guide to see if I can get Atmosphere to load. It didn't work. I also tried copying the files from an older SD card backup (Oct 2022), which also didn't work - I keep getting the same error.

Anybody now what went wrong and if there is a fix please? I haven't done any Atmosphere updates for at least 2-3 months. And I have an older erista/unpatched switch.
This is a common debugging question so I’ve Answered it over here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-10053576

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: @K3Nv2 looks neat, i would want one in the boonies