Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Checked recent games and it looks fine. Thanks. Now this is a proper alternative to tinfoil.io for me. :P

And maybe next idea, but I guess it may be out of scope for this site - list of updates sorted by newest date with titles and titleids next to it.
As someone who is maintaining my many translation mods, having bot that was on ReSwitched that was printing newest game updates was very convenient, but it doesn't work for many months now and I'm struggling with following last updates. Would be nice to have alternative to that.

Glad you like it :)
ill test what i can do but it shouldnt be hard to implement.

Input from myself.

Doesn't work on mobile browser (doesn't matter but that's how I was testing last night)

Inputting date ranges is a little clunky
But it does work.

I used search by TID "0100" and date from 20220201 - 20230101.

I had to figure that part out it wasn't natural feeling.
It does still work and still seems fast, not sure if you are able to make tags based on tid? (DLC, update) but for my needs so far so good a sorting method would be brilliant but it's not important.

I would love a clearer input date method but I can work with it as is.

its clunky because the entire titledb file is loaded into your browser. a new "file" is made based on your initial search criteria and if you search for 0100, you basically just create a new "file" with 1=1 the same content. that new "file" is looped through every time your advanced filter changes, which can be quite heavy on the clients device. nothing is done serverside.

* with new "file", i mean a javascript array in ram.

The input dates look shit because thats the way they are stored in the titledb file. i could maybe whip out a datepicker that converts the date to the same as in the titledb file but thats just work i didnt want to do for now

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Would be cool if you could list the DLCs under the base game.
Also it doesn't seem to list DLC-specific updates (DLCs can also get updates just like the base game gets updates for it).

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would be cool if you could list the DLCs under the base game.
Also it doesn't seem to list DLC-specific updates (DLCs can also get updates just like the base game gets updates for it).
If you know the TID you can leave off the last 4 digits and it would technically list all related updates I believe?

Deleted member 585564

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with this one. Can't get results for 010088F00820E000. should be Japan region, afaik. Is the db incomplete?

Would it be possible to just search through every json by default instead of having to select a specific one?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm having trouble with this one. Can't get results for 010088F00820E000. should be Japan region, afaik. Is the db incomplete?

Would it be possible to just search through every json by default instead of having to select a specific one?
?
1645972718622.png

Reactions: Slluxx

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

In theory its possible but each json file is about 10-35mb. that times 58 (files) can easily be over 1.7gb to download. i doubt you want to download that much into the browser before being able to search through games. Also, with such an enormous amount of data, searching will take incredible long (and filtering even longer) and depending on how much ram you have in your computer, wont even work at all.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    468.1 KB · Views: 51

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Doesn't titledb have some sort of universal file that filters out dupes so you'd only have unique entries thus you will not have to select which json file you wish to search on?

Deleted member 585564

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, for me I get no results.

I reloaded the site from scratch and for some reason now it works. I think the UI might need some work because there might be a way to get it into a state where it just refuses to load and it's not clear what one might have to do to get it working.

It looks like you need to explicitly re-select the value under "Lookup by:" every time you change your search, which imo is not immediately clear. It would probably be better if it remembered your selection between searches.

(Also, "TitleID is misspelled as TiteID" :P)

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Doesn't titledb have some sort of universal file that filters out dupes so you'd only have unique entries thus you will not have to select which json file you wish to search on?
go to github and search for the file. if you find it, ill take a look - but it will still be huge and thus probably unusable anyway
Yeah, for me I get no results.

I reloaded the site from scratch and for some reason now it works. I think the UI might need some work because there might be a way to get it into a state where it just refuses to load and it's not clear what one might have to do to get it working.

It looks like you need to explicitly re-select the value under "Lookup by:" every time you change your search, which imo is not immediately clear. It would probably be better if it remembered your selection between searches.

(Also, "TitleID is misspelled as TiteID" :P)

fixed the TitleID spelling

If you figure out how to replicate that issue i can take a look, otherwise i wont bother finding an edgecase. Obviously the tool needs to know what exactly you are searching for (titleid, nsuid or name) because searching in all fields at the same time (and thus outputting everything that matches) is a huge mess. Since i made the enter/return key explicitly not work to start a search, you must click the button/dropdown again. i dont know what you actually expect(ed) to happen.

Edit: do you mean by keeping the value of your input and changing the language file?
In that case i can see your confusion but i dont want to perform "heavy calculations" clientside without actually 100% being clear what to search for. if i enable autosearch on changing language files, it will just render the page unusable for a certain amount of time till the calculation is done, even though that search isnt even what clients actually wanted to do.

Remember, this entire page is 100% rendered and calculated clientside. there is no server involved that sends you a subset of data to make it easy on your machine. people with low powered machines will have a really hard time if i would implement a few suggestions that were made here.

Last edited by Slluxx,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
go to github and search for the file. if you find it, ill take a look - but it will still be huge and thus probably unusable anyway

If you figure out how to replicate that issue i can take a look, otherwise i wont bother finding an edgecase. Obviously the tool needs to know what exactly you are searching for (titleid, nsuid or name) because searching in all fields at the same time (and thus outputting everything that matches) is a huge mess. Since i made the enter/return key explicitly not work to start a search, you must click the button/dropdown again. i dont know what you actually expect(ed) to happen.

fixed the TitleID spelling
I think it would be possible to filter out names to get automatically search for titleid or nsuid or title.
titleid is always 16 characters [0-9A-F] and offical games are always starting with "01".
nsuid always starts with "70", has 14 digits.
Remove any spaces detected at the beginning and end, and put it through regex. If both regexes will fail, search as title.

I don't think there is any game title that would match any of those regexes.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it would be possible to filter out names to get automatically search for titleid or nsuid or title.
titleid is always 16 characters [0-9A-F] and offical games are always starting with "01".
nsuid always starts with "70", has 14 digits.
Remove any spaces detected and put it through regex. If both regexes will fail, search as title.

I don't think there is any game title that would match any of those regexes.
While you are right, ive deliberatly decided against that, because comparing 3 things in one go is more computing intense than comparing just one thing. Read my edited statement above to why.

Uh, wait. if i can determine it in advance based on your suggestion, then its definitly possible, yeah.

Last edited by Slluxx,

Deleted member 585564

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Slluxx I don't think there's an edge case, actually. It's just it turns out in between every search you need to click on "Lookup by:" again and select what you're searching again. It's not very intuitive imo, I think the best would be if it could remember your selection and you could just re-run a search by hitting Enter in the text box instead.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Slluxx I don't think there's an edge case, actually. It's just it turns out in between every search you need to click on "Lookup by:" again and select what you're searching again. It's not very intuitive imo, I think the best would be if it could remember your selection and you could just re-run a search by hitting Enter in the text box instead.
how many things do you have to look up so clicking twice with your mouse (instead of enter once) becomes an issue/annoyance?

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@masagrator @semaphore

Ive changed the website. it will now evaluate your input and put whatever it thinks it is inside the first box after the input field. in case it determines it wrong, there is still a small dropdown icon with which you can search like before. it does not override its desicion, just forces a search of a particular type.
Also, whenever a language got selected, it will jump to the input field and focus that.
once the language is loaded (spinner in the top right is gone), you can press enter and it will search by what the site thinks you are searching for.

Deleted member 585564

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's perfect now, by the way. Much more intuitive now.

The tinfoil db is missing a bunch of data, especially on foreign region games. and it has straight up wrong information on some older content, so it's great that yours exists. far more complete and accurate.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The search type menu (TitleID, name, nsuid) doesn't work. It's forced always to what site is detecting. So things like using 0100 in titleid to get titles with Advanced filter doesn't work. Ergo Advanced Filter is useless for anything else than name search.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The search type menu (TitleID, name, nsuid) doesn't work. It's forced always to what site is detecting. So things like using 0100 in titleid to get titles with Advanced filter doesn't work. Ergo Advanced Filter is useless for anything else than name search.

Yes, you are right @masagrator . It was a javascript event-bubble-bug.
Basically the click of the dropdown item triggered the search, and then triggered another search on the "name" because of the button and dropdown combo.

I was able to isolate the event but had to remove the click event on the button between input and dropdown.
Enter inside the value filed should trigger the automated search, click on a dropdown item should trigger a manual search of the chosen type.
Click on the button that shows the auto-determined value is removed till i find a workaround.

EDIT: found a very ugly workaround
If another pair of eyes can test it, that'd be appreciated

Last edited by Slluxx,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, you are right @masagrator . It was a javascript event-bubble-bug.
Basically the click of the dropdown item triggered the search, and then triggered another search on the "name" because of the button and dropdown combo.

I was able to isolate the event but had to remove the click event on the button between input and dropdown.
Enter inside the value filed should trigger the automated search, click on a dropdown item should trigger a manual search of the chosen type.
Click on the button that shows the auto-determined value is removed till i find a workaround.

EDIT: found a very ugly workaround
If another pair of eyes can test it, that'd be appreciated
Tested and search is working. :yay: Found another glitch. That until title image is downloaded, in its place is showed previous image that was there before.
So how to reproduce it (this you can see if you don't have ultra fast internet, do it as fast as you can):
- Go to fresh page
- Write "0100" in search
- Use titleid so you get all results
- Go to Advanced Filters
- in MIN Release date write "20220101"
- Look at first titles

So I'm getting something like this until image is downloaded. And because this search I have proposed is downloading a big amount of images, it takes some time to get it refreshed.

Btw. Maybe add an option to block loading images? This will substancially reduce internet usage for this case.
And sorting via one of few options like name, date, etc. Since it seems this is sorting via order in which they are stored in json.

1646401465205.png

Last edited by masagrator,

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm no coder but https://github.com/giwty/switch-library-manager grabs from https://github.com/blawar/titledb and generates in a couple seconds a 60MB file with every gameID there is so I guess you can have just 1 json file for all languages which I assume is because the same ID is often the same that is used in different languages json files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...