Fan control issue

johnnyblackout

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently downgraded from evilnat 4.88 to rebug cobra 4.53. everything seems to be working fine except for one thing. I cannot manually control the fan. I tried with multiple versions of webman mod and even tried control fan utility. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Control fan utility gave me a "sys_sm_get_fan_policy" error (not sure if that's normal or not).

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recently downgraded from evilnat 4.88 to rebug cobra 4.53. everything seems to be working fine except for one thing. I cannot manually control the fan. I tried with multiple versions of webman mod and even tried control fan utility. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Control fan utility gave me a "sys_sm_get_fan_policy" error (not sure if that's normal or not).
Why did you switch from Evilnat to Rebug.........?
And especially why on such an old version? (The latest official Rebug version is 4.86 Lite/4.84 if you want D-REX)
Anyway use a newer CFW ........ I personally recommend the latest Evilnat CFW

Get the latest Rebug or Evilnat CFW here:
https://darthsternie.net/ps3-cfws/
https://www.psx-place.com/threads/cfw-4-89-evilnat-cobra-8-3-cex.37294/

johnnyblackout

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use a cobra ode. I'm also trying to avoid the swap disc method needed in later firmwares. That's why I'm on that specific firmware. If I could find an older version of webman mod (1.30, etc...) I think it would work. All the links seem to be dead though.

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm trying to use a cobra ode. I'm also trying to avoid the swap disc method needed in later firmwares. That's why I'm on that specific firmware. If I could find an older version of webman mod (1.30, etc...) I think it would work. All the links seem to be dead though.
If you ask me an ODE is just not up to date anymore so I would recommend you to take it out and just install one of the latest CFWs.
Basically, they can do everything an ODE could (and more).
But well, that's ultimately your business ......... honestly I have no idea why you need webman mod......only for Fan Controls ?
Otherwise you could write to the dev of Webman Mod and ask if he can help you there... maybe he still has a backup of 1.30

johnnyblackout

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's my only reason for wanting it. It's an easy way to control the fan. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely try that.

Edit:

In case for some strange reason someone decides to stay on a lower firmware like me. I found (with the help of webman mod's dev) that an older version of Irisman will control the fan. In my case I used v1.0.

Last edited by johnnyblackout,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.