Falcon rgh3 freezing on dashboard and playing games

Puppydogpals

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TL;DR is freezing down to temps 65 degrees or using a 22k resistor instead of a 10k. Repaste heatskinks or change resistor???

After some issues I manged to rgh3 my flacon with a picoflasher and 22k resistor and the 27mhz setting.

At first it would just flash green, changed SMC_PLL to top of board instead of the alternative on the bottom, managed to open xell get key and flash, booted fine to new dashboard instantly a few times, put it all back together and back to flashing green

After opening up again and getting green flashes, and instant shutdowns I tracked issue to a dodgy PLL point. After touching up the solder points

Now it boots fine without any delay.

However I have random freezes even though I set temp threshold to 60 and then 55.

I did a fan override to 90% and temps stayed around 55 and was OK even for hours on end. Changed fan to 85% temps crept up to around just over 60 (especially on ram) and started freezing again. Put it back to 90% and issues resolved.

Surely 65 is within heat tolerance?? I have an xclamp tool and mx-4 on the way to see if that makes a difference. Fan and heatskink fins are clean

I read this online.....

22k is going to put the voltage below the threshold, try the 27mhz ECC patches and see if that helps.

I already set the 27mhz setting when flashing so could the issue be the 22k resistor and would a 10k fix it, every guide i have seen says it should be a 22k not a 10k?

Or is it simply a temp issue, that a repaste should fix, or does it try to draw more power when say the memory gets hotter and work harder and causes a voltage drop and freezes.

I don't want to change the resistor only as last resort, as I'm getting good reliable boot ups and boot times with the 22k, and don't want to mess about with my points too much after all the hassle I had!!

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: