Hacking "Fakesign compatible programs"

s3phir0th115

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I started patching the trucha bug into some IOS's for things like IOS60 and 61 using NUSD and freethebug (Technically wwpatcher did it for me with a bat file, not too important though unless it's known to mess it up). The patched IOS61 resulted in the wii shop channel not loading. So I have a question for anyone willing to answer it...

Are there channels or other nintendo software that just don't work with trucha patched IOS's? I was going to test my IOS60 one so I could mess around with system menu 4.0, but I'm not so sure now that the Shop channel black screened on me.

s3phir0th115

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just looked into it more.

I found there is a IOS61 and shop channel installer that has the ability to trucha sign. So I have a new question....

Are there any known problems with NUSD created IOS wads being trucha patched with freethebug? All of the ones I patch with them seem to not work.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well I have only seen problems with the Wii app that patches the fake-signing bug, no one has reported problems using NUSD and freethebug, but the other day I get an IOS with NUSD and it didn't get installed, then I extracted the same IOS from a disc (trucha signer) and it got installed just fine, so maybe the wad packer from NUSD it is not that great...!!
wink.gif

s3phir0th115

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's interesting. All of the wads I created with NUSD install perfectly, and they even work with things like the custom IOS installer when I made an IOS wad for the recent change of cIOS's base.

When I patch them with freethebug using the wwpacker collection, the wad will install just fine. But anything that tries using the IOS, like the Wii Shop channel I tried, black screens.

This is confusing. I'd like know if NUSD makes wads that are bad for my purpose, as I would prefer to be able to trucha patch wads myself, instead of relying on pirating them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbqh0vXaRLw