Status
Not open for further replies.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He says Major projects that take like 5 years.

I'm trying get my mind around is he saying "I wouldn't do big projects of the franchise or "I wouldn't do them at all".
Like for the rest of his life?

A Zelda 3ds shouldn't take 5 years.
Well, a new ip wouldn't hurt...

I see what he trying to say,but isn't it to early for that. :P

iirc Didn't Satoru Iwata say he is the main person working on the next Zelda?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the golden days of Nintendo ....

When was that, exactly? I was 18 when the NES first went on sale in the USA, and as far as I'm concerned it's all been golden. Yeah, they do keep rehashing the early stuff, but only because people keep buying it. Every generation of Nintendo's consoles and handhelds has managed to take the old paradigms and add something new, and without fail the competition struggles to copy it.

When you're 40, your kids will be buying a virtual console version of Super Mario Galaxy II to play with some holographic retinal projector or something, and to them that will be as much from Nintendo's golden days as any of it. The past is easy to romanticize about, the present oh so easy to criticize.

Reactions: 6 people

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the golden days of Nintendo ....

When was that, exactly? I was 18 when the NES first went on sale in the USA, and as far as I'm concerned it's all been golden. Yeah, they do keep rehashing the early stuff, but only because people keep buying it. Every generation of Nintendo's consoles and handhelds has managed to take the old paradigms and add something new, and without fail the competition struggles to copy it.

When you're 40, your kids will be buying a virtual console version of Super Mario Galaxy II to play with some holographic retinal projector or something, and to them that will be as much from Nintendo's golden days as any of it. The past is easy to romanticize about, the present oh so easy to criticize.

Not saying it ALL hasnt been good. But....the Wii just sort of killed it for me. Pretty much up until the Wii came out i was hardcore Nintendo fan, i loved the Gamecube with all my heart, and the Game Boy's/DS will always remain my favorite handheld. But with the Wii, it just seems like they ditched the audience they stuck with so long, and tried to make it so family friendly that it killed the majority of the games releasing.

Last time i played my Wii was for Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros Brawl, havent even tried Skyward Sword yet. (And the thing is hacked, so its not like it would take much effort to do so, just not really feeling it anymore)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
He seems capable enough. Taking smaller projects will allow more time, which allows more creativity, which makes better games. Moreover, he's not getting any younger so stepping down but continuing to work is very smart. It shows Miyamoto's love for video game developing in general. I salute you, Miyamoto.
This. So true.

Reactions: 2 people

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, his stepping down from supervising all the major projects on nintendo to focus just in game development
maybe that turns out well... old franchises (like zelda and mario) will be "refreshed" in some way, and new games and probably franchises will born out of miyamoto's mind

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best gaming news in years. He now has time to do what he wants rather then overlook everyone elses games, get involved in many Mario spin offs.

For me this means we can even more great Nintendo titles.

Unlike others I've not seen a drop in great Nintendo software, year upon year they have released some amazing titles and every year at least two stone cold classic games. This year alone their studios have done Xenoblade Chronicles, Zelda, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kirby Mass Attack, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower. All released to critical acclaim! This year they had to develop for FOUR platforms and develop what the the Wii U is going to do. Not many companies can do that, the closest is Sony.

For me they have always been in a golden age, people should look back to what Nintendo used to do then they'll see that no magic has been lost, production is as high as it always has been AND games take longer to make now.

Take a look at other companies who are from the same age: Capcom, Square Enix (two in one there!), Activision, Sega...not as much quality software and they only need to focus on software, most of these companies rely on 3rd party developers too and don't oversee those products like Nintendo does. Shit SE would have less quality titles had they hadn't acquired Eidos.

Not saying it ALL hasnt been good. But....the Wii just sort of killed it for me. Pretty much up until the Wii came out i was hardcore Nintendo fan, i loved the Gamecube with all my heart, and the Game Boy's/DS will always remain my favorite handheld. But with the Wii, it just seems like they ditched the audience they stuck with so long, and tried to make it so family friendly that it killed the majority of the games releasing.

Last time i played my Wii was for Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros Brawl, havent even tried Skyward Sword yet. (And the thing is hacked, so its not like it would take much effort to do so, just not really feeling it anymore)
You have missed so much. Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Xenoblade, Sin & Punishment 2 and loads of other as well as quality 3rd party games like Little Kings Story, No More Heroes 2, Red Steel 2, GoldenEye, World of Goo...and a lot of others that went under the radar.

Reactions: 5 people

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best gaming news in years. He now has time to do what he wants rather then overlook everyone elses games, get involved in many Mario spin offs.

For me this means we can even more great Nintendo titles.

Unlike others I've not seen a drop in great Nintendo software, year upon year they have released some amazing titles and every year at least two stone cold classic games. This year alone their studios have done Xenoblade Chronicles, Zelda, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kirby Mass Attack, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower. All released to critical acclaim! This year they had to develop for FOUR platforms and develop what the the Wii U is going to do. Not many companies can do that, the closest is Sony.

For me they have always been in a golden age, people should look back to what Nintendo used to do then they'll see that no magic has been lost, production is as high as it always has been AND games take longer to make now.

Take a look at other companies who are from the same age: Capcom, Square Enix (two in one there!), Activision, Sega...not as much quality software and they only need to focus on software, most of these companies rely on 3rd party developers too and don't oversee those products like Nintendo does. Shit SE would have less quality titles had they hadn't acquired Eidos.

You have missed so much. Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Xenoblade, Sin & Punishment 2 and loads of other as well as quality 3rd party games like Little Kings Story, No More Heroes 2, Red Steel 2, GoldenEye, World of Goo...and a lot of others that went under the radar.

I'v played played quite a few of those games, the only ones i havent tried are Xenoblade and Little Kings Story. Just not really a fan of some of the changes other games have taken lately (Other M made me want to throw my Wii out the window, and Super Mario 3D Land made me sad when i realized how easy they made it)

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I remember that one time, in an interview, he mentioned that he wanted to work on a new character or something like that...
It would be nice to see a new game that is not another zelda or mario (I'mnotsayingthatIdon'tlikethenewgames)! Something completely new...

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
This is probably for the best, now who's going to replace him though... maybe Reggie LOL

Velotix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First I was sad, then i realized he just wants to start working on more projects himself. I loved it when he made (?) Pikmin.

Hopefully he can get out a few more good series for Nintendo before he eventually croaks and everyone (But the idiots and trolls) mourns for him.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
that's the end of zelda than it will continue to be stuffed full of so many gimmicks and mini games than it will cease to be a zelda game at all. look what happened to spyro and crash when their original devs abandoned them!

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
It was a fake rumour, here's an update on the situation:-

Contacted by Reuters Japan, Nintendo is denying a report from Wired that Shigeru Miyamoto is stepping down from his current role as Senior Managing Director and General Manager of Nintendo's Entertainment Analysis and Development Division.

"This is absolutely not true. There seems to have been a misunderstanding. [Miyamoto] has said all along that he wants to train the younger generation. He has no intention of stepping down. Please do not be concerned," a Nintendo of Japan spokeswoman told Reuters.

Reactions: 2 people

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
You know when I look at the response from this website, it's not the favoritism that shows. It's the generation of Nintendo growing from each person's childhood. Even though I barely play games anymore, I have to admit that classics are mostly hidden from the hype of the new generation of gamers. Which is ironic since the focus is to be as widespread from the different genres of gaming. Most gamers can't adapt due to being spoiled of playing the same type of games to where as their influence doesn't change the hype for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?