Hacking fail0verflow releases coldboot exploit proof of concept

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares what these guys have, even if it's good they won't release it anyway.
I remember you that TX have already stated their solution works on all the fw so better wait them.

Indeed, at least they release things. And even if Team Overflow released it, it'd only work on 1.0.0 consoles.

Somario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Someone writes in the comments that it's only for 3.0
Screenshot_20180107-174042.png

Last edited by Somario,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See? I told you it'd be limited to some arbitrary BS firmware :creep: :lol: But then again, they won't release it anyway XD
Considering we've known for a very long time that 3.0.0 was vulnerable, and people were instructed to stay on 3.0.0 right when 3.0.1 was released, it's not an "arbitrary BS firmware."

Anyone on 3.0.1 or higher who had the chance to stay on 3.0.0 or lower has only himself or herself to blame.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering we've known for a very long time that 3.0.0 was vulnerable, and people were instructed to stay on 3.0.0 right when 3.0.1 was released, it's not an "arbitrary BS firmware."

Anyone on 3.0.1 or higher who had the chance to stay on 3.0.0 or lower has only himself or herself to blame.

Yeah, never mind that people can't play newer games like SMO, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and any other major title, gotcha. Nothing like being limited to handful of games, amirite? They're not going to release anything anyway.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, never mind that people can't play newer games like SMO, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and any other major title, gotcha. Nothing like being limited to handful of games, amirite? They're not going to release anything anyway.
Yes, that's the choice one has to make. That doesn't make 3.0.0 "arbitrary BS firmware."

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's the choice one has to make. That doesn't make 3.0.0 "arbitrary BS firmware."

I still find the fact that there's no conceited effort into finding exploits in 4.x.x to be bullshit. But whatever, I'll support modchip teams over Team Overflow any day.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still find the fact that there's no conceited effort into finding exploits in 4.x.x to be bullshit.
I get where you're coming from, but I feel that the focus to lay out a foundation for homebrew on lower firms is a better priority. That way once they start poking (and hopefully find) holes in higher firms they have homebrew already established and usable when an exploit is released.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get where you're coming from, but I feel that the focus to lay out a foundation for homebrew on lower firms is a better priority. That way once they start poking (and hopefully find) holes in higher firms they have homebrew already established and usable when an exploit is released.

Okay, that I can get behind, wish people worded it like that more often.

And Lacius, IDGAF what you think

Reactions: 8BitWonder

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
even if they wont release it, eventually someone else will find it. and it gets released.. im hyped but at the same time im thinking... oh gosh , there are only just a few big titles out. dont make the switch drop like a bomb and scare off third party's

because i actually like indie games....

other (dark me) tells me ...:YES YES YES get that shit done and give me wii(u) gamecube VC NOW!!

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if they wont release it, eventually someone else will find it. and it gets released.. im hyped but at the same time im thinking... oh gosh , there are only just a few big titles out. dont make the switch drop like a bomb and scare off third party's

because i actually like indie games....

other (dark me) tells me ...:YES YES YES get that shit done and give me wii(u) gamecube VC NOW!!

Homebrew/hacking has never killed a console, wish people would stop believing that.

I keep saying the same damn thing. That's all he does. Whine about upgrading

And another one to the list

Reactions: chartube12

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Members of fail0verflow released their work for the Wii as Team Twiizers. That came after the release of WiiKey. It's not so farfetched to think they might release this. Since I'm strictly against reDRM, this would be especially nice to see it's release in the form of a softmod, in the event that Team Xecutor's exploit does indeed involve a modchip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @K3Nv2 Hi