Hacking EZ-FLASH OMEGA and OMEGA Definition Edition minor update

nardich

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for the update.
I've got a problem with Boktai 1, getting "could not create data" for the savegame, so I can't start a new game.
I have no problem saving with other games, including Boktai 2 for instance.

Edit: I launched the rom in VBA and created a savegame successfuly, then transfered it to EZ flash DE. The savegame appeared in Boktai "continue" menu but loading it resulted in a failure... I also tried various versions of the rom without success. Also tried to patch save using gbata, not working either.

Solved : after patching through gbata, I launched the game forcing savegame type to SRAM in EZ menu, it seems to work so far.

Last edited by nardich,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've just got Omega DE recently and encountered random game freezing previous firmware or this fw update. It could be in minutes or hours. I'm using modded GBA with funnyplaying IPS and lithium aa battery. I havent got any problem with EZ4 and original cartridge.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I tested with 2 sdcards (genuine ones). Sandisk Extream 16GB Fat32 and Lexar 128GB Fat32

Edit 2: game freezing but sound is still playing good

Cheers.

Last edited by thaikhoa,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just got Omega DE recently and encountered random game freezing previous firmware or this fw update. It could be in minutes or hours. I'm using modded GBA with funnyplaying IPS and lithium aa battery. I havent got any problem with EZ4 and original cartridge.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I tested with 2 sdcards (genuine ones). Sandisk Extream 16GB Fat32 and Lexar 128GB Fat32

Edit 2: game freezing but sound is still playing good

Cheers.
Did you also format the cards with 32kb cluster? And do those cards work with your EZ4 ?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you also format the cards with 32kb cluster? And do those cards work with your EZ4 ?
yes they both formatted as Fat32 32kb cluster. game freezing is just randomly, unpredictable.

Yes they both work with Ez4 as well without any issue.

I've tried to contact where I've bought it from. They said it's totally normal and as the nature of flashcart. Suggest me to wait for next fw update from EZ....

Last edited by thaikhoa,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
yes they both formatted as Fat32 32kb cluster. game freezing is just randomly, unpredictable.

Yes they both work with Ez4 as well without any issue.

I've tried to contact where I've bought it from. They said it's totally normal and as the nature of flashcart. Suggest me to wait for next fw update from EZ....

Did you perform the kernel and firmware upgrade, and do you see the correct version number in the upper right corner of the settings page?

Because I have encountered some users who copied ezkernelnew.bin to the SD card and thought they had completed the upgrade process.

If you confirm that you have upgraded to the latest firmware and kernel, please check if your ROM is the correct DUMPed clean rom.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you perform the kernel and firmware upgrade, and do you see the correct version number in the upper right corner of the settings page?

Because I have encountered some users who copied ezkernelnew.bin to the SD card and thought they had completed the upgrade process.

If you confirm that you have upgraded to the latest firmware and kernel, please check if your ROM is the correct DUMPed clean rom.

yes I confirm it is the latest one. FW 4
my backup is the same checksum as the one on the Internet.

2021-08-20_230159.jpg image0.jpg

Last edited by thaikhoa,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
yes I confirm it is the latest one. FW 4
my backup is the same checksum as the one on the Internet.

View attachment 273568 View attachment 273569

Consider the possibility of a power supply problem, as the EZ4 consumes less power than the EZODE,So it can work fine.
Now the newer backlight module also consumes much more power than the earliest Nintendo mode B screens.
Suggest restoring the original screen to try. or replace the batteries with ni-mh batteries(eneloop etc...) due to more stable and higher current output than li batteries.

Using both screen mods and flash card is a game that seeks the balance of power.

If the above conditions are difficult to do, you can consider contacting the dealer to return the product for refund.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Consider the possibility of a power supply problem, as the EZ4 consumes less power than the EZODE,So it can work fine.
Now the newer backlight module also consumes much more power than the earliest Nintendo mode B screens.
Suggest restoring the original screen to try. or replace the batteries with ni-mh batteries(eneloop etc...) due to more stable and higher current output than li batteries.

Using both screen mods and flash card is a game that seeks the balance of power.

If the above conditions are difficult to do, you can consider contacting the dealer to return the product for refund.

Whenever I power my gba up I set lower brightness for the ips screen. As a result, I haven’t encountered such the issue after 1-2 hours of gaming yet.

As the battery, I thought the Li AA is better than the Ni AA in terms of stable voltage? I’m using Jugee 3000mWh 1.5v (2000mAh) btw.

Oh I thought EZ4 consumes more power than the ODE… that’s good to know the opposite.

Hope EZ could tweak the ODE to draw less power to completely avoid game freezing.

Cheers.

Last edited by thaikhoa,

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem isn't really the batteries (however they can contribute to make it even less stable) but the voltage regulator inside the GBA can't handle the high power draw.

These lithium batteries have their own voltage regulator inside. Could interfere with the GBA one.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The problem isn't really the batteries (however they can contribute to make it even less stable) but the voltage regulator inside the GBA can't handle the high power draw.

These lithium batteries have their own voltage regulator inside. Could interfere with the GBA one.

It's good to know that as well.

I'm testing Ni AA battery now. The problem here is that it's a random game freezing, it could be in 15 minutes, an hour or longer... It's hard to tell.

Cheers.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi
I’ve just found out something really interesting. There are nothing wrong with power draw or hardware issue at all but the ODE software itself (tested with both NiMh and Li Ion battery) / tested with CLEAN BOOT and ADDON both encountered game freezing. I do think that Golden Sun The Lost Age isnt fully compatible with the ODE. When encountered game freezing the ODE is still running, I could manage to save state at the time it got frozen and load that state just good but it’s still frozen. I could use reset or even sleep function as well.

I have the save state file at the time it got frozen. Do you mind to have a look at it?

Cheers.

Edit: I will try to write the game to NOR and load under Mode B whether it still has the problem.

Last edited by thaikhoa,

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It seems that by writing Golden Sun The Lost Age to NOR and switch to Mode B fixes the issue. I havent encountered any game freezing yet but I need more time to test.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==