Hacking Extracting saves from an SD card on a PC?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My old 3ds was destroyed and I want to transfer my saves to the new one once I get it
You can use fuse-3DS to decrypt the files on your SD card, but only if you can get your movable.sed. Details are in this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...backups-and-sd-contents-with-fuse-3ds.499994/

To get your movable.sed, you will need a NAND backup. Alternatively, you can use essential.exefs , which is auto-generated by godmode9.

Otherwise, you can still get your movable.sed by using Seedminer – but you'll need a 3DS that has your old 3DS in its Friends list. In that case, what you need to do is run Seedstarter on that other 3DS to get your Local Friend Code Seed. But to run Seedstarter, that 3DS will either need to have CFW installed, or have access to one of the *hax exploits.

If no other options are available, steelhax ought to work – but then you'll have to use Seedminer to get movable.sed for that other 3DS. But as long as it's still functional, that shouldn't be a problem.

Make sense?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch