Hacking External USB DVD Drive?

MrMoneybags

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this might not sound very intelligent but I was very curious. I have a Wii which apparently has the new chipset since I got an error 1048 and 1053 when I used NeoGamma (1048 when running off the SD, 1053 when installed as a channel) so I assume it's the new chipset that doesn't play burnt DVDs. I currently don't own an external hard drive; though I could get one, I already have an external optical drive and a bunch of blank DVDs. My question is if there is a software already or the possibility of a software that allows me to use an external DVD drive plugged into the USB port to play burnt games. Though it might be easier to just go out and buy an external hard drive and put on 100 games but I was just curious for those, including myself, who don't have an external hard drive but have an external optical drive and a bunch of DVDs. In case you all were wondering, I have a netbook and I need a DVD drive to use certain programs and files and such so I bought an external DVD drive. Any information would be great. Thanks

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah you can convert your ISO files into CISO files and burn multiple games onto a DVD or DVD-DL.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
MrMoneybags said:
I know this might not sound very intelligent but I was very curious. I have a Wii which apparently has the new chipset since I got an error 1048 and 1053 when I used NeoGamma (1048 when running off the SD, 1053 when installed as a channel) so I assume it's the new chipset that doesn't play burnt DVDs. I currently don't own an external hard drive; though I could get one, I already have an external optical drive and a bunch of blank DVDs. My question is if there is a software already or the possibility of a software that allows me to use an external DVD drive plugged into the USB port to play burnt games. Though it might be easier to just go out and buy an external hard drive and put on 100 games but I was just curious for those, including myself, who don't have an external hard drive but have an external optical drive and a bunch of DVDs. In case you all were wondering, I have a netbook and I need a DVD drive to use certain programs and files and such so I bought an external DVD drive. Any information would be great. Thanks

You can also play off cdrs, with ciso too. or just play straight backup discs. Ive tested and verifed ciso of nsmbw off cdr works on uloader 5

MrMoneybags

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the replies everyone! :-D I'm a n00b with this though; how do I install uLoader with the settings needed? If you can send me a link to a guide or if you can explain, that would be great. I clicked on the uloader link on the basic backup guide sticky but that apparently is 4.9B and it said it was cios 224, not cios 222/223. The Wii is a very odd system and I don't understand the hacking methods so I'm reading the N00B's guide to do everything so anything outside the realm of spoonfeeding doesn't help me. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw