Hacking Question Exploit smhax 3.0.0 (or prior) is a Real Exploit or it is just an Assumption?

BoxNinPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it the case that Exploit smhax 3.0.0 (or prior) is a real Exploit or is it just an Assumption?

a) if yes, what can we do with that?
b) Who has it?
c) Is it available for all puclic or Developers?
c) Can developers star making any homebrew for the switch?
d) How long it could take to the end users to have something for their Switch with this Exploit, in the case that this is a real one?

I don´t know, make your own questions Joy-Con Boys...!!!

My question is so, becasue I read everything i could in the tweets and some threads here in gbatemps, and it seems like this is an Assumption that has been made between the new version 3.0.1 and the previous ones and somehow they determined that the different represents some potential exploit, but it persists in me these questions, maybe I missed something, but the best I'm not the only one, so clarifying would not hurt.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've found a vulnerability.
Vulnerabilities sometimes can be used to create an exploit, sometimes not so much.
Then from there, if yes, someone can direct the crash (or change) to run unsigned code.

So yes, it's real.

Editing to describe further:

-Dunno yet
b) Who has it?
-Hackers/Devs
-Devs
-Uhhh... given the proper knowledge and tools, as well as the permissions in which the vulnerability gives, I guess? It's not like it'd be done and bug-free in a week, though.
d) How long it could take to the end users to have something for their Switch with this Exploit, in the case that this is a real one?
-Months to a year, I'm guessing.

Last edited by Thirty3Three,

BoxNinPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulnerabilities sometimes can be used to create an exploit, sometimes not so much.
Then from there, if yes, someone can direct the crash (or change) to run unsigned code.

So yes, it's real.
So they found a way, they have a clue, not a real Exploit then....!!!!, am I right??

BoxNinPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So yes, it's real.

Editing to describe further:

-Dunno yet
b) Who has it?
-Hackers/Devs
-Devs
-Uhhh... given the proper knowledge and tools, as well as the permissions in which the vulnerability gives, I guess? It's not like it'd be done and bug-free in a week, though.
-Months to a year, I'm guessing.
Thanks for yours answers dude...!!!

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smhax is very real and was already being used by the devs to dump game files, dump/restore saves and also access other private bugs. So this is indeed very big. Though how long it will be for anything for the end user is still unknown.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

BoxNinPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smhax is very real and was already being used by the devs to dump game files, dump/restore saves and also access other private bugs. So this is indeed very big. Though how long it will be for anything for the end user is still unknown.
Thanks for your answers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E