MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
"Paying for piracy" is a practice I'm more than happy to see get stamped out, and will never support. While I can see how easy it might be to profit off of the ignorance of people that are too dumb or lazy to search for freely available/downloadable (albeit, illegally distributed) content, profitting off of piracy is what really drags piracy as a whole through the mud. Selling hacked digital content like shiny Pokémon is pretty much the same; it's just capitalizing off of people too dumb or lazy to use the simple tools that are readily available.

For the record; I'm pro piracy, anti paying for piracy.
Sometimes it's nice being able to just buy a Pokemon romhack with the proper sticker label on the cart, the ROM already flashed to the cart and batteryless patched for proper saving, and just pop it in and play. Not everyone wants to invest heavily into a cart flasher, a Cricut and laser printer to make their own labels, and resin print their own cartridge shells. I totally get why people pay for pirated ROMs. I'm guilty of it too. People pay for the convenience of others' work to bring you a complete package, and they charge what they think is fair for their work.

Reactions: SylverReZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.