Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

Cybore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how Nintendo can truly ban all simulatenous in use headers given that users can rip games and their respective headers from rented or purchased games, games that they can later sell or trade in and subsequently end up in legit users' consoles. How could they get away with right to ban a legit non cfw user just because he bought a used game that was dumped and is being used by tons of individuals online.

zannalabianca

Trophies
XP
Country
Stop Making a Troll Posts
Thanks
I don't see how Nintendo can truly ban all simulatenous in use headers given that users can rip games and their respective headers from rented or purchased games, games that they can later sell or trade in and subsequently end up in legit users' consoles. How could they get away with right to ban a legit non cfw user just because he bought a used game that was dumped and is being used by tons of individuals online.
this is because Nintendo has a record of all activity and usage header , nothing more difficult however

personally , I will try to change the 3ds wifi module , replacing it .

in ' Engering the 3ds so far , has not found a section dedicated to a serial or ID that can be banned , then it is plausible that the ban is associated with the code MAC WIFI module , if it is really so , get unbanned

TheMustardKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That is what supports the theory of a simultaneous threshold and not just any simultaneous.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks

this is because Nintendo has a record of all activity and usage header , nothing more difficult however

in ' Engering the 3ds so far , has not found a section dedicated to a serial or ID that can be banned , then it is plausible that the ban is associated with the code MAC WIFI module , if it is really so , get unbanned

I hope this doesn't sound harsh, that is not my intention and please keep that in mind.
Could you please attach below your posts the same message in your mother tongue (I think it is Italian)?
It is a little hard to understand your English, and I think that there are many misunderstandings because of that.
If you write a clean version in your language, just below your English text, it may be easier to understand you even if we are not fluent in Italian.

brunno159

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just FYI i've used public headers before ( to be honest, just one, the metal gear one on all my roms) and after the bans swaped to CIA, so far playing pokemon Y and OR and i'm ok...

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reading biancas posts really do make my head hurt ;O;

Ontopic - For people who are finding it difficult to understand, NOTHING is confirmed, except the error code is a ban. We do not know how it is caused but we have come to the ASSUMPTION that it is due to the use of public headers.
Use private headers, dump your own games, extract the headers and use them, you should be fine.
(not sure on the private header thing though, if I had 2 games to go online with, would I use 2 different private headers? and then not go online fron the game those headers are from?)

EDIT: the only games I use to go online is Smash (CIA) (pirate system) and ORAS (retail, on my other nopirate system)

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks

Microsoft has been banning console IDs since they started banning. Since Macs can be easily spoofed, banning console IDs are the only legit banning method.

Chances are both mac and your serial are banned. Spoofing Macs is easy, spoofing your serial is hard. There won't be a easy fix for this any time soon

Peniskoker

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Just FYI i've used public headers before ( to be honest, just one, the metal gear one on all my roms) and after the bans swaped to CIA, so far playing pokemon Y and OR and i'm ok...

Wait, u got banned, switched to an CIA pokemon file and go online with the same 3ds?

brunno159

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wait, u got banned, switched to an CIA pokemon file and go online with the same 3ds?
Nope. I said when i heard about the bans ( Ban Hammer, Ban Wave, Nintendo fucking Ban thing, call as you may) i swapped to CIA. I wasn't banned before and i'm not banned till now. K thanks bye

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well so far I've been playing MH4U for 3 days. So in a week if it is going to happen it should. I use a private header though.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
How about using an original cartridge in Gateway mode, any chance 4 a ban u think?

You can't use original cartridges in Gateway mode. Unless you meant Classic Mode? In classic mode even less encryption checks are patched out. I doubt you'd ever get banned only using retail carts in classic mode. Unless you are using Classic Mode for it's intended purpose...playing out of region games on your console. (Japan/Europe games on USA console, etc). But there's no confirmed bans from people who've only played out of region legit games. Only those using public headers or those who have used public headers in the past, then got banned later even after they stopped.

Nope. I said when i heard about the bans ( Ban Hammer, Ban Wave, Nintendo fucking Ban thing, call as you may) i swapped to CIA. I wasn't banned before and i'm not banned till now. K thanks bye

You're a dead man walking. If you used public headers on that 3DS at any point in the past, it's still possible you will suddenly get banned tomorrow. Simply not using them anymore isn't enough. They might still have your console logged in their system and simply haven't gotten the ban for you processed yet. :P

As for me, I've only ever used my private Alpha Sapphire header with my Alpha Sapphire dump and for a little while used that same private header on a Omega Ruby dump. I have since converted those to CIA soon after I had sold my Alpha Sapphire game to GameStop. (so I'm no longer in possession of the game that has this header).

So if I ever get banned, I would consider it the first confirmed case of a CIA user getting banned. I haven't used public headers EVER on this 3DS XL or even the older 3DS I used to have that got bricked. (and that one is even more "legit" then the 3DS XL. That one has only ever run CIA files and my private Alpha Sapphire dump! Haven't even had a copy of Omega Ruby on that one yet)

Anyone know a fix?

Cearp confirmed in another thread that spoofing console ID is possible. However he has not personally tested this as he doesn't have a banned console to test it on. :P

Either way though, if you are a Sky3DS user on latest firmware, you're ***ked if the console gets banned. You can't spoof console ID using a Sky3DS because it requires that you exploit the system to modify the firmware (usually done on emunand) and currently there is no entry point/exploit for 3DS on latest firmware. Must be on 9.2 or below and it will be that way for possibly another 2-3 years.

mahid5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I haven't used Gateway for any online stuff, but lately I've been reading about people getting banned for using online play via ROMs on various flashcarts. I've lurked gbatemp for years, but I decided to create an account just to ask this:

I've skimmed through this thread, and from what I've gathered using CIA seems safe. Is that true? I believe that CIAs don't need to have headers for any online stuff, right?

Assuming that CIAs are just as likely to get someone banned, if I rip a legit MH4U cart from my friend who just bought it, and use the ripped ROM with my own Gateway for online access, would it be safe to assume the chances of being banned are slim? When a ROM is ripped the header information of the original cartridge comes with it, is that correct?

Call me cheap, but I do not plan on spending a single dime to buy another 3ds in case this gets banned.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe i have a 8.x backup of my emunand.
if i go online on that firm would i be able to play MM3D, MH4, smash, and everything just fine with the latest GW launcher?

FreddyBeckett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
My friend got banned. Weird, hes not a flashcard user. He only play smash bros. Coz thats the only game he have. He got this error code since 5 to 6 days ago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto