altorn

OP
Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, Im not sure if i should post it here but it IS regarding my cyclo..

My last microSD card was a Kingston 4gb (J) class 4.
I loved the speed, and durability, its been with me for more than a year. (my cyclods too)

Anyway, i went to vacation in my home country and i stuck my microSD card to places i shouldn't have....

Thus, obtaining a VIRUS, and practically obliterating my microSD. Unreadable. Dead.

I had to buy a new card. And Kingston 8gb (J) class 4.
I love the read speed, no crashes. Great! PLUS MORE SPACE!

The problem is, when i try to open the Enhance menu, it takes a good 10 seconds to open the E.Menu in any game..
The 4gb one opened it in like 2 seconds in any game.

Both were formatted at least 2 times already.

Can somebody tell me what may be the problem? Anybody experienced it before? Thanks.

MurtenTK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The micro sd can't be the problem because it opens de e. menu from de cyclods itself.
Try reinstalling firmware 1.54. You can find it on their official website.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this same problem with a Transcend 8gig Class 6 in my CycloDS. I was trying to replace my Transcend 8gig Class 4 with the Class 6 so I wouldn't have to worry about games like Castlevania PoR locking up. Unfortunately, the Class 6 never did work right in the CycloDS. Not only would the enhanced menu take forever to come up, or not come up at all, but a few games wouldn't run, it would never allow me to complete a FW update and there was one other issue I can't remember right now.

There is NOTHING wrong with the Class 6 as far as i can tell, it works just fine in my cell phone. This is some kind of issue with the CycloDS being picky about what SD is in it. I don't know what. I complained about this over at the TC forums and no one had any real answers. Some people had the same problem as me, some people said that same card worked fine in their Cyclo.

The closest thing to a plausible answer was that people who had the same card that worked had a different total formatted size....theirs was larger than mine in usable size. This leads me to believe that maybe there are a few bad sectors on the SD. Most hardware will work around those bad sectors, but apparently the Cyclo can't tolerate that.

Best advice is to get another SD and hope it doesn't have those stupid issues. Personally, I just said to hell with it and just kept using my older Class 4 in my Cyclo and left the Class 6 in the cell phone.

altorn

OP
Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
no solution then..
frown.gif

Ok, thanks for the info guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU