Hacking EDGE.DAT not found

djstevieb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Everyone, I need help before I end up pulling my hair out in frustration!
hate2.gif

I recently bought a new Nintendo DSI XL and a iEDGE card but I cannot get the dam thing to work.

I sent an email to the company I bought the iEDGE from telling them I couldn't get it to work and that one thing was bothering me. The manual states "The flash on the iEDGE is shipped blank from the factory. This can be confirmed by inserting the iEDGE into your Dsi system, at which point a message will be displayed “iEDGE – Instructions www.edge-ds.cn”." but my iEDGE did not do this, when I put the card into my Nintendo DSI XL it came up with a Suduko Hudson icon as if something had already been done with the card.

The company sent me a email back saying it was already set up with the latest firmware (although I didn't ask for this because they charge a fee to do it) and all I had to do was to install the iEDGE operating system. I tried this and all I keep on getting is “EDGE.DAT not found” so I emailed them back. They said “It happens sometimes. You could see the file but its not transferred properly. Please re-install the software or use different source to download.” I tried this with multiple versions of the operating system from different sources but I still get the “EDGE.dat not found” message

I don't understand why the Nintendo is looking for edge.dat when the only .dat file is called iedge.dat because its an iedge card not an old edge card.

The Nintendo DSI XL is running firmware version 1.4E
The firmware on the iEDGE is suppose to be the latest according to the company I bought it from.

Has anyone actually been able to get a iEDGE card working on a Nintendo DSI XL?

Anyone got any ideas?

zabuzadarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the exact same problem. What I did was format the microsd with panasonic sdformatter. I downloaded this file http://www.edge-ds.cn/downloads/EdgeBootUpdate-v1-win.zip. I extracted it to a folder on my desktop and copied only the EDGE folder and edge.dat. Don't make any other folders until you verify that iEdge os loads. I then used a can of compressed air on all contacts. I know its a pretty basic troubleshooting guide. Hope it helps.

djstevieb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
zabuzadarkness said:
What I did was format the microsd with panasonic sdformatter
zabuzadarkness you are a star!

I was using the built in format option in Windows Vista to format the micro SD card but that seems to be the problem. I tried using the Panasonic sd formatter and then it worked fine.

Thanks zabuzadarkness I am very grateful!!!!!
yaynds.gif

CarinioBrutal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello fellow gamers, i have the same same problem...i laready bootstrapped my Micro SD but but its still not working...it cannot detect the latest version of EDGE.DAT...please i implore anyone.. PLEASE HELP!!!:sad:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, this problem started when i tried to play a patched rom of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 ( its just a fan translation) when i put the rom on the folder my games list, that's when it started the trouble for me... I pray somebody can give me feedback on this...:(

Last edited by CarinioBrutal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.