eBay userbase information hacked, change your password immediately!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Par39

The Life Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I've used KeePass since 2008 or so, and I gladly recommend it. Get the portable version and you can easily toss the folder on Dropbox, download it and just run the exe when needed, even on school computers we're not allowed to install things on. And I have a version on my USB-stick. Never had any issues with it.

And now I discovered and tested out the Android app, wonderful and going to make my life a little easier.

Reactions: Satangel

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also by now it should be obvious, but I'd recommend everyone to get a password manager such as 1Password. Using unique random generated passwords on each website means changing only one password if a website is breached. You only need to remember the master password for your credential vault. Not that much to be spent for the added security.
Thanks for the tip Qtis. Last night I migrated all my accounts to Dashlane (similar to 1Password but free). It was time consuming, but I think it's worth it.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for the tip Qtis. Last night I migrated all my accounts to Dashlane (similar to 1Password but free). It was time consuming, but I think it's worth it.

No problem. I originally thought it was more of a chore to use a password manager (got 1Password in a bundle of programs I bought for Parallels Virtual Machines), but after you set it up once and use a Dropbox sync or a USB drive with the info on it, it's easier than before. Also not needing to have your passwords save in unencrypted files is nice.

As long as the program people use is updated regularly (a key in crypto security) and supports the platforms you need, you're good to go. 1Password was just an example of a program, since I was on mobile and couldn't get myself to make a long post of good alternatives. Luckily people on the thread have given free options with the same functionality. :)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Yeah, have searched and so far KeepPass, Dashlane and Roboform are on top of the list. I'll try them all out, happy to see so many options. #PCMasterRace yet again.

Also, Qtis, searched for my EZ Flash IV, I think I sold it already :'( Sorry man

Reactions: Qtis

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, Thanks for the info! I recently made a eBay Account and BOY! that was unespected!! D:

o well, I´ve not only changed the pass, I now using LastPass as a manager, since it has a nice random pass generator and it´s FREEE (for PC´s anyway). Let´s see how well it goes.

Reactions: Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P