Hacking Easiest way to get large game (The Last of Us) backup?

CanIHazWarez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not asking for links. Supposing my disc cannot be read, what is the easiest method of getting a very large backup? I found a pkg file that is just the download initializer. There might be a better word for this but I think it's basically a voucher for the game so that your ps3 will download it from Sony's servers. This seems most convenient, but I don't know how safe it is to download backups from official servers. I've not been in the Playstation scene much. I've tried downloading it in many parts via direct download on PC but there are so many zip files to download and if one does work correctly, you're screwed. Not to mention that I'll either have to FTP a huge file or split the files and put them on a large FAT32 drive to move them over the ps3. Any pointers on the best course of action would be appreciated.

CanIHazWarez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the update nobody asked for: It turns out the easiest way was just to buy a physical copy and back it up from the disc. Gamestop had it used for 3 bucks and it saved me way more than $3 worth of my time.
i*******.net worked for me.
I appreciate the reply and trying to help me out, but linking to copyright infringing sites is a big no-no on these forums for legal reasons. It's the one thing that can get a site shutdown.

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually have TLoU (digital version) installed on my super slim ps3. run HEN on it, FTP all the game files to my PC, repack that into pkg file and after that, installed it on my CFW PS3. No more downloads, it plays straight up to the game.

The good thing about HEN is I can execute this exploit on OFW 4.82 back then via USB (no HEN install needed just run the specialized payload that all runs on USB with webman-mod plugin enabled which have ftp functions, so no homebrew was installed).

Last edited by remlei,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest making an iso, then comparing that to its ird. that's a pretty frustrating game to get from the net. I think file pak23 or one of the large psarc files was extracted back on 3.55, because there was a problem with one or two files, so they opted for this instead of redumping the game.

psarc contains a lot of folders and files in them, so they're almost always big. I managed to repair the game, so it passes the ird check (minus ps3 update). you'll get a lot of missing files if you try that with those extracted backups. btw, the only way to repair a psarc iirc is by using its xml file, which wasn't supplied with the rip.

don't dump the psn version. to combat the requirement for needing twice as much space for the game and its package, they decided to have you download an installer, which is only a few hundred megabytes I believe. I'm assuming you don't want that.

fixers really f'd the game up, but here it is complete:
upload_2020-1-5_17-48-59.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, you can compare the ird to a jailbroken version of the files, so you don't have to make an iso that's turns out incomplete before that.

VyperS_702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ripped a copy with multiman to my external. But a downloaded copy isn’t too terrible if you can find the right sites. You just have to get a PS3 splitter for your pc, then load it to an external HDD. Or just ftp it over with rebug tools.

robbieinpajamas

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Sorry to write here, I have been searching for a perfect copy of this game for my ps3. Is there any way to share this ROM? I have been downloading for days many .isos and all of them results as invalid on the PS3 ISO Rebuilder, I'm getting desperate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday