Hacking DVD Read Err(03023a0) on Neogamma R9, Please help!

chick8ed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been trying to get this copy of Metroid Prime 3 Corruption to work on my Wii.

System Menu 4.3u, 2007 Wii.

I went to the Neogamma R9 thread, and replaced my Waninoko cIOS with the d2x cIOS. I followed all the instructions, step by step, and I get the error...

DVD Read Err(03023a00) followed by DVD+R/bad burn/DL problem?

I'm using a TDK DVD-R disc, and I've also tried Neogamma R4, R5, R7 and Backup Launcher 0.03, along side Gecko OS (Softchip crashed at startup).

Please, I need help ASAP.

chick8ed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You clearly didn't read the post.

I fixed it, by the way. I blasted some compressed air into the disc slot and it read the disc.

EDIT: And you need to brushup on your terminology. DL means Dual Layered, not Download.

And the disc is fine. I tested it in Dolphin before Neogamma.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The DL from the error message actually meant dual layer, but i think you also get this error, if you put in anything else than a wii or gamecube disc. So you should get this error on a bad download as well.

But why would you want to play any metroid prime via disc??? You know it takes 10 seconds to open a door with a retail disc, making it 20 seconds with a burned disc, because the read speed is halved(3x instead of 6x)?

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...