Hardware Dust Removing Inside Screen & New LCD for my GBA SP - AGS 001?

• Thread starter scottg1234
  • Start date
  • Views 4,550
  • Replies 0
S

scottg1234

I screwed up my Gameboy Advance SP a few years ago when I replaced the housing.

I got greedy. My original screen had a few scratches, so I thought I'd go ahead replace the screen. I did not have the steady hand to do a quick and easy installment. I took forever, and screwed up my screen.
- I got a bunch of dust stuck inside. Then, I tried to clean the actually LCD and applied too much pressure or something. There are some black spots/burn marks on the screen now.

Anyway, I don't know if this can be repaired (the black marks), so I want to do a new screen installment. I have the steady hand now.

I have the original Gameboy Advance SP. The AGS 001 model. I prefer this backlit version tbh, as it is not as bright and is clearer for my eyes. Plus, I won't have to do any complex modding with the AGS 101 model.

Any tips on how install a new screen with no dust?
- If I can't buy a new LCD for this AGS 001 model, I might just redo a cleaner installment of the protective LCD screen.

Anyone know where I can buy a 001 LCD?
- Also, if I were to buy a 001 backlit LCD off of eBay or something, does it already have the protective screen on it? Or will I have to apply that myself?
- Will it work exactly like my old 001?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu