Duplicate thread protection

aoikurayami

dysfunctionally intimidating
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
So. If a thread with "exact same title" or "very similar title" from the same user already exists:

Is there a way to prevent this thread from being (re)created ?
(maybe check the post content in doubt, as most don't bother editing it...)

To prevent dupli or even triple posts by extremly impatient individuals.

It helps noone if answers are spread over three+ instances of the same exact topic.

I.E.: (there were actually three threads by this one... )
Screenshot_20220724-132131.png

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When a thread is being made, it’ll show you a list of similar threads based on the title you put in. The point of that is for you to look at it and realise your question might have already been answered.

Having said that, there’s no guarantee a similar title means it’s the same problem, so it won’t stop you from posting it.

Reactions: impeeza and elk1007

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Double posts usually stem from the poster's internet connection being slow. They press the post button, the thread gets sent, but the site doesn't refresh in time on their side, so they press the button again.
Stuff like this is usually resolved by deleting the duplicate posts.

aoikurayami

dysfunctionally intimidating
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
When a thread is being made, it’ll show you a list of similar threads based on the title you put in. The point of that is for you to look at it and realise your question might have already been answered.

Having said that, there’s no guarantee a similar title means it’s the same problem, so it won’t stop you from posting it.
For similar, I agree,
but for "same" ?

Double posts usually stem from the poster's internet connection being slow. They press the post button, the thread gets sent, but the site doesn't refresh in time on their side, so they press the button again.
Stuff like this is usually resolved by deleting the duplicate posts.
I agree with double posts, but duplicate threads, especially such as this case (2 minutes apart) that is no mere internet connection issue.

I'm not pointing to "accidental duplicates" but deliberate ones

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol