Hacking Dumping NAND from a Wii and restore on an other one ?

KennYMcCormick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

Is it possible to restore a bricked Wii with a backup of the Nand dumping from an other Wii (virgin or softmoded) with BootMii ?

Thanks
KennY

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Does boot2 use keys?

I will load a boot2 bootmii to a good #Wii and then swap the Nand on a bricked wii fro the good wii and see what happens

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if the wii is anything like the psp. then it is possible to do so, but you run the risk of things not functioning properly. things like usb, sd card, etc. all have unique keys that signs it to a particular wii.so even if you can get your wii working again, it wont function properly. unless there is a way to extract those keys and place it back in.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Delta that idstorage on a psp not the same as a wii

Did anyone ever try the dual boot nand and switch the CE line ?

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
If your wii is a full brick how can you ddp?

Anybody got links to the infectus dumps marcan did and how he did it

mydarxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you eunpack the nand dump? i'm looking to do this for the dolphin emulator. zestig doesn't work for me.

mydarxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes the NAND contains EVERYTHING. however I'm sure you can get GH & RB songs in WAD format and insert them with WAD manager. that would be ALOT easier.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kedest said:
don't think so. it said something about keys when making the backup, and every wii has a different one

It says "saving keys"... I think it might be possible that the backup does contain the keys and
does restore them from a backup. I think the Wii is generating a new set of keys if the console
would be "Set back" by the Command in the Wiis System Menu. You will get all new friend codes and stuff
if you do this and normal "channel copies" can't be copied back from SD to NAND if you do so...

I think someone just have to try it...
wink.gif

On the XBOX the keys were in the BIOS(EEPROM)
Don't know if the Wii has something like this.

pacman366

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddp127 said:
if you use xyzzy on both wii's, you can unpack the nand dump and pack it with the keys of the other wii

Thats probably the smartest suggestion iv herd on the topic of writing one wiis nand to another.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Will you also be able to restore your NAND after changing your Console Regions / shop regions (For MH G) ?

(Than just restore a PAL on, after having installed a JAP one.)
Or it change the WII ID/Keys?

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good idea! im going to try this guys, my wii is bricked, i think this is my last hope.
I will report the results later.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Im not far away from cracking this :-)

I have got a dead wii to boot up (Bootmii)after installing a good wiis flash dump, i must say it not easy to do
I used an infectus to dump the dead wiis nand and then installed a good dump flash to the dead wii
Now Bushing tell me if i had a different nand dump in a bricked wii,installed bootmii in a hex editor and reflashed the dead wii
if i dump that nand again in bootmii would i get the bricked wiis keys?

Once i understand how to get the keys out of the nand i will get a wii wire the infectus to the wiis nand print vias and then put a nand socket on the wii board
and there will be my wii unbricker jig, all you would have to do is desolder the bricked nand put it into the socket dump with Bushings Amoxi and then get the keys

If anybody eles is as crazy as me and wants to share info pls do

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol