DSTT in-house! Pics and first impressions

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I heard Father Christmas may be dropping by GBAtemp HQ with a sack of these babies to give away in the next few weeks
wink.gif

here comes santa claus, here comes santa claus .... ?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
A few questions...

Firstly, is there much if any difference between the actual specifications/features of the NeoFlash Version and the normal TopToyDS?

Yes and no.

The NeoFlash TTDS fits flush and has no things bubbling out, it's a s flat as a real gamecart.
The DSTT (don't ask me why the switch letters) has a bubble on the surface, making it harder to stick in and get out of the DS.

shaunj66 just received a DSTT as well and he tells me the DSTT fits perfectly flush with no bubble at all. It would appear I have an early unit that does have a bubble. So yeah, DSTT fits flush AND is really cheap.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Unlike the M3/G6 Real its not too fat in the midle. I like the shell, is quite promising.
Does it support slow motion, Wii connectivity, GBA/NDS linkage.
If yes I think I am gonna get one. Since its so cheap.

aruek_ca18det

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Everyone... guys... I'm new to all these NDS cards. My brother has a R4DS and for that reason a bought a new NDS to start playing again. BUT, I've been searching if the TTDS is capable of playing NES and SNES roms like the R4DS and I cant find and answer, I really like to play NES roms in my NDS and if the TTDS is not capable I would rather prefer the M3 DS Real or the R4DS... Have anyone tried a NES rom on it?
Thanks

caiblue

Trophies
XP
Country
can somebody please help me with this.
i bought 3 of these dstt gadgets for the nintendo lite, (1 each for the kids) i believed that they were just plug & play, ie drag nds files off the pc straight on to the micro sd card that i inserted into the supplied reader, i did not recieve a driver cd in any of the 3 boxes,
when i put the micro sd card into the supplied adaptor then into the ds i only get a white screen & picture of a micro sd card with menu written underneath,
i am at my wits end trying to sort it out with 3 kids asking what is wrong with it!, any help greatly recieved for my future sanity.
many thanks.
caiblue.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can somebody please help me with this.
i bought 3 of these dstt gadgets for the nintendo lite, (1 each for the kids) i believed that they were just plug & play, ie drag nds files off the pc straight on to the micro sd card that i inserted into the supplied reader, i did not recieve a driver cd in any of the 3 boxes,
when i put the micro sd card into the supplied adaptor then into the ds i only get a white screen & picture of a micro sd card with menu written underneath,
i am at my wits end trying to sort it out with 3 kids asking what is wrong with it!, any help greatly recieved for my future sanity.
many thanks.
caiblue.
Quite simple really. You need to put on the loader files.

Think of them as the operating system for the card. They're not contained within the devices firmware itself unlike some other kits. The loader is a group of files you need to extract to the root of the micro SD card.

You can download the latest loader files from our site right here.

Use a extraction program such as WinZip or WinRar to extract, then go into the ENG (English) (CHS being Chinese simplified, and CHT being Chinese traditional) folder, and copy all to the root of your mem card. (All files/folders are required).

Hope that helps you.

caiblue

Trophies
XP
Country
Many thanks for that, it worked a treat!, one more question, what is the supplied rumble pack for with the ds lite?
thanks again,
gordon. (caiblue)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1