DSiWare Exploit Sudokuhax

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a business standpoint, neither EA nor Nintendo have anything to gain from taking down the Sudoku, nor anything to lose from leaving it up. If things stay how they are now(by that I mean piracy-free), Nintendo and EA will only gain profits for the $2 everyone is spending on the exploit.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
zhuzhuchina said:
this hack load games nds file or only homebrew nds file?

homebrew only
rolleyes.gif

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Presto99 said:
RupeeClock already said a homebrew game called "Multi View" works. It's 3d... anyways, this has a lot of limitations, and I don't think Nintendo will be in a rush to patch the game or anything. I think I'll wait for something...better.
You have clearly misunderstood the value of this.

The reason that most current DS homebrew doesn't work with Sudokuhax is not because the exploit is broken, but because devkitARM was not made for DSi mode. Binaries linked against recent versions of libnds work with the touchscreen in DSi mode, and patches to add SDHC slot access to libfat and the likes are already partly done. (See for example http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=3166716)

You need an exploit to kickstart running own code in DSi mode. This will ALWAYS work for that purpose for all people having downloaded it on the current version of the DSi software. If, rather when, someone creates/recompiles and releases a homebrew launcher, homebrew channel installer, moonshell, mediaplayer, filemanager, SNES emu, or whatever that DOES WORK in DSi mode, you will be able to launch it with this exploit.

Bottom line: Buy the fucking game already! It's only 200p. That's the only way you can be certain to run DSi mode homebrew without a flash cart within the foreseeable future. A quite probable scenario will also be that no one bothers to develop, release, and thus waste a new exploit for quite some time for all those lazy enough to not take this opportunity.

Of course, Nintendo can, and probably will, fix this with a firmware update. Just refrain from updating if you wish to retain the homebrew launching capability until a solution gets developed and released.

QUOTE(how_do_i_do_that @ Jan 28 2011, 07:25 AM) Now we just need to dump the master keys for some fully signed dsi mode flashcarts.

You have misunderstood PKI.

The only keys available and dumpable on the DSi are the decryption keys --- I.e. the common key --- thus NOT the private keys necessary for being able to encrypt and sign content.

Before anyone brings up the PS3, look through the presentation at http://media.ccc.de/browse/congress/2010/2...cking_2010.html again. The PS3 does not contain Sony's private keys. Sony borked their signing algoritm, thus making it extremely easy to calculate their private keys with no more than two different signatures. This IS NOT the case with Nintendo.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's some news!! il wait & see what comes out of it .. homebrew dsi i want and later if lucky shantae.. unavailable in france :/

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, this exploit is almost as good as a true DSi Homebrew Channel: You get an icon in System Menu, which almost instantaneously launches arbitrary binaries from the SD card. Combine this with some sort of browser as boot.nds, and you have it.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Read this up last night, Today I've updated my Acekard to 1.4.1 and my DSi as well, popped along to the shop and downloaded Sudoku =P I'll give homebrew a try later on

EDIT: Sorry to sound like a noob but what is boot.nds file? ^^'

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
heartgold said:
Read this up last night, Today I've updated my Acekard to 1.4.1 and my DSi as well, popped along to the shop and downloaded Sudoku =P I'll give homebrew a try later on

its your homebrew file!
biggrin.gif

Like(example that does not work)

Mario 64.nds--->boot.nds

just rename your homebrtew to boot.nds!

Clear?
wink.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Lightning said:
heartgold said:

its your homebrew file!
biggrin.gif

Like(example that does not work)

Mario 64.nds--->boot.nds

just rename your homebrtew to boot.nds!

Clear?
wink.gif
Bad example, more like PPSE.nds to boot.nds

Then place it in the root of your DSi's SD Card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy
  • BakerMan
    I'd quite enjoy a life of taking it easy. But I haven't reached that life yet.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    who is the fucking retarded that started this entire portable wii u thing
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, i dont have a wii u so not me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Steam
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I'm seeing a bunch of people trying to sell consoles for way more than what they are actually worth (regardless of the overall conditions) just because of the fucking motherboard revision
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get the amount of work behind it but it's more to brag hey look at me original hardware
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I was so confused when I saw 3 consoles costing twice as much as the average price you would expect
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I'm going to melt
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Going to smoke a bowl, eat pizza, drink a beer, and watch I Saw the TV Glow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do people on YouTube keep making themselves glow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh joy, heat wave all week where i live
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado watch tho
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way