Gaming DSi Fix?

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
If it does not charge you can rig up a USB power supply with a spliced DSi Charging cable to have an external battery. Or you can replace it yourself:
http://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-3-7V-Li-Ion-Battery-Nintendo-DS/dp/B002BU7QG8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381630167&sr=8-1&keywords=DSi Battery
It would require a little bit of work, but this is far easier than the USB external battery option.
Just make sure its from a reputable seller. As the seller I got mine from went out of business a few years ago and some of the reviews are bad.

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your asking for solutions on how to fix the fact that your DSi is missing a battery.

The only solution to solve a missing battery is to GET a battery.

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your asking for solutions on how to fix the fact that your DSi is missing a battery.

The only solution to solve a missing battery is to GET a battery.
Yeah, but the DSi would work without a battery. The amazon seller said it won't charge.

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing in the DSi thats needs charging is the battery.

If there is nothing in it to charge, then it won't.

Xexyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing in the DSi thats needs charging is the battery.

If there is nothing in it to charge, then it won't.
If the charger works wouldn't work like the PSP. If no battery just keep the charger in. I can't find an external DSi battery charger.

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
You could make an external DSi Battery charger, A voltage regulator, some resistors and some AA Batteries, I don't know the DSi Battery specifics but if you run the numbers correctly you can charge the battery externally. But be careful as the DSi Battery is Lithium Ion and fragile. Ill see if I can come up with a charging schematic, can you solder? (jumper cables would work but be messier.)

Xexyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could make an external DSi Battery charger, A voltage regulator, some resistors and some AA Batteries, I don't know the DSi Battery specifics but if you run the numbers correctly you can charge the battery externally. But be careful as the DSi Battery is Lithium Ion and fragile. Ill see if I can come up with a charging schematic, can you solder? (jumper cables would work but be messier.)
I am sure I can't do that. :(

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He doesn't even have the battery.

Xexyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the DSI work? Have you tested it with a battery? Does the charger work?
Charger port doesn't work,

bd3c841d4a4e5e8ade6ef0fee160d58d_ERP

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So with a charged battery it powers on and functions normally. Have you verified that?

If so, it sounds lke a blown fuse
f1_fuse_location_dsi.jpg

If it was a problem with the charger port soldering, it would eventually work after you wiggled it around while connected.

Xexyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with a charged battery it powers on and functions normally. Have you verified that?

If so, it sounds lke a blown fuse
f1_fuse_location_dsi.jpg

If it was a problem with the charger port soldering, it would eventually work after you wiggled it around while connected.
I don't have a battery but my brother ordered one from amazon.

Xexyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(sorry for bumping and double post) If the DSi has low enough firmware. Is there a list of Hax like CookHax or SudokuHax.

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
It would work if the DSi Was produced within the first few months(WiFi Chip Read/Write Exploit), and is currently below 1.4.3, as the Latest FW broke this and the Cyclo DSi support (they used the same exploit). This is like WiFi Me for DSi execpt a little easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay