Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello
I have an DS with an M3i Zero Linker. It's working perfectly
I recently found an "as new" white DSI and I decided to try it with my linker
It's not working
I found that the issue comes from the version of the firmware/system of the Linker and I found a guide to upgrade it : http://nds00129.over-blog.com/artic...-pour-dsi-v1-4-5-3ds-v4-5-0-10-114422175.html

The issue is that I can't find my linker USB cable anymore. On the guide it is written that the flashing with the USB cable is necessary for 3DS operation. Can anyone confirm me if I need the USB cable to upgrade my linker for my DSI ?

Thank you in advance

Reactions: Flame and orangy57

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Hello
I have an DS with an M3i Zero Linker. It's working perfectly
I recently found an "as new" white DSI and I decided to try it with my linker
It's not working
I found that the issue comes from the version of the firmware/system of the Linker and I found a guide to upgrade it : http://nds00129.over-blog.com/artic...-pour-dsi-v1-4-5-3ds-v4-5-0-10-114422175.html

The issue is that I can't find my linker USB cable anymore. On the guide it is written that the flashing with the USB cable is necessary for 3DS operation. Can anyone confirm me if I need the USB cable to upgrade my linker for my DSI ?

Thank you in advance

Are you sure its not contact issue. where the M3 doesnt have enough contact with the DSi game slot. you should try the paper trick. where you put a paper bewteen the flashcart and the DSi game slot.

like shown over here V

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Solving_Acekard_2i_Contact_Issues

because lately i brought some ds flashcarts from ebay. this solved my problems. i think age of cheap chinese hardware is showing its age.

edit: anyway if its update. im sure they was a way to update to latest without a the USB cable on the M3i. but you could just hack your DSi which disables the whitelist.

Last edited by Flame,

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanx for your answer
I see the linker on the welcome screen of the DSi so i don't think it's a contact issue. I'm going to try this trick anyway

When I launch the linker I get this message :
"an Error has occured
press and hold the POWER
button to turn the system off.
Please refer to the nintendo DSi
operations manual for details."

When I search on the web it seems it's a firmware / system issue on the linker.
I finally found my old cable :)
Unfortunately, I don't find any valid link for the 4.5 F Core file. I only found the updater. Can anyone help me find a valid link to download this file ?
Thank you

Reactions: Flame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanx a lot. Everything working perfectly.
Post automatically merged:

Hi,
Unfortunatly it's not working that good.
This morning when I switched on the console, the console reported a blank card inserted (a card is detected, but no image and no name) and when I launch the card I get the error message (the same as above). I ejected the card, ejected the sd card, put everythinh back and it went back to normal.
After the next reboot the problem was back.
I tried on my DS Lite and no issue. Put the card back in the DSi and once more the blank card.
Tried with a game card and no issue.
I don't really understand what is happening.

Sometimes I also have the no card detected issue, but if a push gently the back of the console or if I put a paper between the card and the back of the console the card is detected.

OK, there seems to be an issue with the DSI card connector. Working with regular games but working only randomly with the MI3 zero.
3 states possible :
- Card not seen at all (greyed)
- Card seen but not as what it is (no image, error at startup)
- Card seen and recognized

Going to try to clean the connector.

Last edited by 20100,

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello
Instead of wasting time with this linker, I think i'm going to operate differently.
Everybody is OK with this tutorial or is there a better way to hack this console ? :

Bye

Hello
Flame was right from the beginning. After cleaning the contacts in the console, the the M3i zero is recognized every time I boot the console.
So now I have to decide wether I stay with my liker or if I hack the console
If I keep the linker :
- I have only 1 linker for 2 consoles :(
- I cannot play GBA games with the DSi :(
- All my installed stuff (except GBA) remains the same with all the emulators working perfectly :)
- My DSi remains stock and clean :)

If I hack the console :
- The linker will stay dedicated to the DS Lite with full GBA support :)
- I will have the ability to play some GBA games on the DSi :) but comptibility seems less perfect than with the DS Lite and its linker
- Some emulators seem to have problems on a hacked DSi (NeoDS, others ?) :(
- The DSi will be (definitively ?) hacked :(

Now I have to choose. With a used DSi I would take the risk, but as the DSi is looking as new I don't want to regret my decision.

Last edited by 20100,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Hello
Instead of wasting time with this linker, I think i'm going to operate differently.
Everybody is OK with this tutorial or is there a better way to hack this console ? :

Bye

Hello
Flame was right from the beginning. After cleaning the contacts in the console, the the M3i zero is recognized every time I boot the console.
So now I have to decide wether I stay with my liker or if I hack the console
If I keep the linker :
- I have only 1 linker for 2 consoles :(
- I cannot play GBA games with the DSi :(
- All my installed stuff (except GBA) remains the same with all the emulators working perfectly :)
- My DSi remains stock and clean :)

If I hack the console :
- The linker will stay dedicated to the DS Lite with full GBA support :)
- I will have the ability to play some GBA games on the DSi :) but comptibility seems less perfect than with the DS Lite and its linker
- Some emulators seem to have problems on a hacked DSi (NeoDS, others ?) :(
- The DSi will be (definitively ?) hacked :(

Now I have to choose. With a used DSi I would take the risk, but as the DSi is looking as new I don't want to regret my decision.

i mean its all up to you and what you think its the best.

if you going to hack your DSi use this https://dsi.cfw.guide/ and not a video. if you are.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
Just tried Twilightmenu++ (without unlaunch).
Fully operationnal for NDS games :)
For GBA games, some game work perfectly, some have litlle bugs, some don't work, but it's mostly OK
Concerning emulators, its mostly ok too (Atari 2600/5200/7800, SMS, GG, NES, NGP, GB/GBC/TG16). The only issues are Genesis (picodrive = no sound), SNES (requires Unlaunch) and Neogeo (going to have a look if it can be added)
I also discovered DSiwares and among them some nice games (a very cool version of Rayman)

Last edited by 20100,

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need to install Unlaunch to bypass the whitelist, your cart should work fine after that.
Are you talking about SNES ? Neo-Geo ? Except these two, everything is working quite good.
I prefer not to modify this console. Maybe if I find an old used one for a few € i'll try...
Having to go to the camera and album to launch TWL++ is not really an issue. Not longer than launching the linker :)
Bye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The SNES emulator packaged withTWL++ requires Unlaunch. At least that's the message that displays when I try to launch a SNES game
The difficulty with the M3i Zero was due to the contacts in the Slot 1. After cleaning I have no issue anymore.
I wanted to test TWL++ anyway and it's a good surprise. I even keeped my saves, just had to copy the files from the microSD to the SD Card of the DSi :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just like subway they lie about length