Homebrew DScovered Problem

Nick2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded a few new games for my son to play on his DS with Wood R4 and DScovered, but every time he tried to launch the games, either from the DScovered menu or Wood, he got the following error message:
The save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power off and reinsert the game card.

As he was able to play other games, I ignored it for a while but I updated Wood for him today and after powering up, I thought I would try the new games again and lo and behold they worked perfectly.

When I setup DScovered again, the error message came back.

Ideally, I'd like everything to be working vis DScovered as it's easier for him to navigate between the games plus there's less chance of him deleting something accidentally. Could anyone suggest a way to get everything running smoothly from DScovered please?

AFAIK, i'm using the latest version of DScovered.

Any help would be great.

Nick2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nevermind.

I vaguely remembered using DSLazy a while ago. I tried patching a few of the games that were giving me the error and they all load perfectly well...so my son can keep DScovered and use all the games he wants.

He'll be home from school in a minute and i'm sure he will be chuffed!

Nick2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm I tried patching a few other new games but I don't get any picture at all when the games load. I can hear the intro music and I seem to be able to navigate the menus judging from the sounds of pressing the buttons on the console.

If I try playing the unpatched version from DScovered it results in the same message in the first post (save data could not be accessed). However, if I use the Wood _DS_Menu.dat file, the unpatched version runs perfectly well.

Are there any ARM files available for more recent rom releases please?

The games i'm having trouble with are Brave, Ice Age 4 and The Penguins of Madagascar.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose you need to change loader_r4wood.nds, fat1 to fat0, using hex editor.
Another idea might be using loader_ysmenu.nds.

There was better dscovered driver, which is not distributed anymore...

Reactions: Nick2009

Nick2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I suppose you need to change loader_r4wood.nds, fat1 to fat0, using hex editor.
Another idea might be using loader_ysmenu.nds.

There was better dscovered driver, which is not distributed anymore...

Thanks for the reply avenir.

When I open the wood loader in the hex editor, I can see two fat1 entries (lastloaded and shortpathnds). Do I change both or just the latter?

I will try ysmenu as well. My son is staying over his grandparents tonight and has taken his DS so will have try tomorrow.

I'm intrigued to find out more about the better dscovered driver....

If after editing the wood loader and trying ysmenu, some new games still don't work, is there anything else I can try? Should it be possible to play all games via DScovered or does it have limitations with some?

I've tried a few different ARM7 files from various games that work, but still having a problems on some newer releases.

Thanks again for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yucky times. :sad: