Hacking DS mode 3DS exploits is exist?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sort of, there used to be one in the MSET (System Settings) app that could be caused by a DS flashcart using a homebrew setting a name that was too long. https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_Userland_Flaws#System_applications

Having a nickname that was too long would let you crash it and gain control of a really dirty and primitive environment (until you ran CFW).

But otherwise no, while a DS game is running, you're not in 3DS mode, you're in "DS mode", aka TWL_FIRM, where most things are sandboxed away from you. It's sort of like having a computer with a dual-boot setup: you can't really hack Windows on the same computer by being booted into Linux on the same computer, since only one system can run at a time (leaving virtual machines, mounting the other OS's partition, etc., aside).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There was also an unreleased exploit called "NTRCardHax." It was an Arm9 exploit that worked with a DS Flashcart, but the exploit was quickly overshadowed by free exploits like svchax

Reactions: daxtsu

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
and I guess the dsi downgrade could also be described as a ds mode exploit for the 3ds, AFAIK nobody really bothered even making anything with ntrcarthax as it was redundant pretty much immediately with non hardware based exploits and has since been patched anyway

Reactions: daxtsu

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
and I guess the dsi downgrade could also be described as a ds mode exploit for the 3ds, AFAIK nobody really bothered even making anything with ntrcarthax as it was redundant pretty much immediately with non hardware based exploits and has since been patched anyway

DSi games are TWL, so DSi Downgrade isn't DS (NTR) exploit implementation

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You can't get the smell of my dick out of your mom either +1