Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ah, I haven't fixed that.
I was able to find that before with YSMenu by using a hex editor to redirect where ysmenu rebooted to. I don’t know how this all handled here but that’s how I had to get ysmenu to reboot properly on the R4iSDHC. I could try to do the same here with the YSMenu launcher

Reactions: Alexander1970

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Dammit! I just downloaded the previous version and installed it like two days ago.

Oh well, here we go again...

Edit: Last update broke compatibility with original R4, it worked just fine on the previous version. At least when using the 3DS version.
Edit2: Oh well, at least my fat DS still works...

Last edited by raxadian,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

v16.4.0: Hacktober (2020) release #1

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++:
What's new?
  • Added multiple save support for flashcard kernel users!
    • Requires the existing `.sav` files to be in `saves` directory, in the same location as the ROM. This also increases ROM list loading speed.
  • (@Pk11) More languages have been added to the manual!
  • (Not fully tested!) You can now launch DSTWO plugins from the console's SD card!
    • Requires a SuperCard DSTWO flashcard (with TWLMenu++ in it's microSD card) to be launched with SCFG access enabled for Slot-1.
  • Flashcard loader has been added for Acekard 2(i)!
Improvements
  • DS Classic Menu: If using DSihaxx (e.g. Memory Pit), the console will no longer reboot when launching Pictochat.
  • (@maorninja, Hacktoberfest PR #1) Updated the manual.
Bug fix
  • Both the Nintendo DS Browser cartridge, and the SuperCard DSTWO flashcard now boot again!

Thank you for your Update and your Time you invest in your Work. clap.gif

- DSi XL no Issues
- New3DS XL no Issues
- Flashcards no Issues

Perfect and awesome work,thank you very much.:)

This
is known and maybe not fixable....
(Call of Duty MW3 - TID:B5BE - tested with New3DS XL/DSi XL/Flashcards)

Thank you.:)

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
idk what you mean.
Autobooting to TWLMenu++ on an original R4 is what's broken.

Boot the hacked 3DS.

Access TWLMenu++.

Go to slot 1.

Try to run the R4.

Fail.

That's what happens with the latest update.

Edit: And now it works... for some reason. Then again the R4 is old.. maybe that's it?

Last edited by raxadian,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What do you mean it fails? Can you explain what exactly happens?

Now is working... my guess is that the R4 is just old. Or maybe I need a new micro sd card, wonder were the hell I am gonna get a new one that is just 2 gb?

Edit: And now is not working again. It tries to boot and.. the botton screen ends with a red rectangle, a green one, a red one and a green one.

Last edited by raxadian,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now is working... my guess is that the R4 is just old. Or maybe I need a new micro sd card, wonder were the hell I am gonna get a new one that is just 2 gb?
The original R4 just isn't read properly by certain 3DS models (afaik) for some reason.
You might need to put a piece of cardboard on the front of the R4 card while inserting into the console, and keep the cardboard placed, so that the console will properly read the card.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The original R4 just isn't read properly by certain 3DS models (afaik) for some reason.
You might need to put a piece of cardboard on the front of the R4 card while inserting into the console, and keep the cardboard placed, so that it'll properly read the card.

Edit: And now is not working again. It tries to boot and.. the botton screen ends with a red rectangle, a green one, a red one and a green one.

Exactly what I have with my R4iTT v1.6 on some DS Lite´s.:)
....sometimes it needs 3-4 Tries until the Card is recognized.
On the DSi and 3DS the Card works better (maybe the Slot is "more accurate").this.gif

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You might need to put a piece of cardboard on the front of the R4 card while inserting into the console, and keep the cardboard placed, so that the console will properly read the card.

I figured it out, when the 3DS menu shows something is in the DS slot the flashcard is being read correctly, otherwise I have to remove it and insert it again.

MrLuigix64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is currently normal for everything to be stretched, if you set up widescreen.

To see the flashcard contents, launch your flashcard using TWiLight Menu++, then start TWiLight Menu++ on it (recommended to have the flashcard autoboot it though), and then hold SELECT, and press either UP or DOWN.

A little late to reply, but I think I am missing something, I have the TWLM++ installed on the 3ds, my flashcard is a R4 Dualcore 2018 (R4 Clone), I have to install the TWLM on it?, its supported? or just the .nds file, Launche the 3DS app, start my R4 in the TWLM, then in the R4 launch the .nds?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little late to reply, but I think I am missing something, I have the TWLM++ installed on the 3ds, my flashcard is a R4 Dualcore 2018 (R4 Clone), I have to install the TWLM on it?, its supported? or just the .nds file, Launche the 3DS app, start my R4 in the TWLM, then in the R4 launch the .nds?
Follow this guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...