Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Keptjup

Trophies
XP
Country
Suriname
Hey, so installed the twilight menu ++ from them video guides, and when i launch it>touchscreen>touch robz8 avatar, it brings me directly the the selection of them folders, it doesnt ask me which DS type console i am playing on, also it doesnt bring me to the DS Lobby where i can acces the settings like the screenshot below... i followed the instructions clearly step by step so idk if theres something wrong and also if it does matter, since if i launch twilight, it brings me straight to my roms folder.
upload_2020-3-12_15-23-35.png

also i dont get this screen whenever i start twilight, not even the first time on all three of my 3ds consoles (i have two 2dsxl en one 3ds)
upload_2020-3-12_15-25-8.png

and lastly, Draglade rom wont load, it stays blackscreen whenever i load it and cant seem to find a solution for it while the game is on the compatibility list. help pls thank u xd

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
and lastly, Draglade rom wont load, it stays blackscreen whenever i load it and cant seem to find a solution for it while the game is on the compatibility list. help pls thank u xd

Hello.:)

Yes,confirm:

Draglade US - TID:AD9E and EU - TID:AD9P
Both Versions stays on two Blackscreens after Create Save/Bootstrap.
Heapshrink ON/OFF.
Tested on:

DSi
DSi XL with Flashcard
New 3DS XL

with TWiLight v12.2.1 / nds-bootstrap v0.30.1

Thank you.:)

Reactions: Keptjup

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so installed the twilight menu ++ from them video guides, and when i launch it>touchscreen>touch robz8 avatar, it brings me directly the the selection of them folders, it doesnt ask me which DS type console i am playing on, also it doesnt bring me to the DS Lobby where i can acces the settings like the screenshot below... i followed the instructions clearly step by step so idk if theres something wrong and also if it does matter, since if i launch twilight, it brings me straight to my roms folder.View attachment 199302

also i dont get this screen whenever i start twilight, not even the first time on all three of my 3ds consoles (i have two 2dsxl en one 3ds)
View attachment 199303
Please don't follow video guides. It seems that video contains outdated information.
You no longer need to manually select the console, and to access TWLMenu++ Settings, press SELECT to open the DS Lobby.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Keptjup

Trophies
XP
Country
Suriname

Yes,confirm:

Draglade US - TID:AD9E and EU - TID:AD9P
Both Versions stays on two Blackscreens after Create Save/Bootstrap.
Heapshrink ON/OFF.
Tested on:

DSi
DSi XL with Flashcard
New 3DS XL

with TWiLight v12.2.1 / nds-bootstrap v0.30.1

So theres no other way to play the game ...? rip... me and my friends really wanna replay the game again sinds years ago damn

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please don't follow video guides. It seems that video contains outdated information.
You no longer need to manually select the console, and to access TWLMenu++ Settings, press SELECT to open the DS Lobby.

ah thanks a lot XD

keep up the good work

wyjek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, does it work with Acekard 2.1 on DS Lite? I've managed to run it via AKAIO, but games don't work, with or without nds-bootstrap.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So theres no other way to play the game ...? rip... me and my friends really wanna replay the game again sinds years ago damn

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ah thanks a lot XD

keep up the good work

I am sure our "faster as the Light" Support Wizard @Robz8 and his Miracle Workers will make it possible in the next Release(s) of nds-bootstrap/TWiLight.
And the best Thing: All for free.:D

Reactions: Keptjup and banjo2

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know Micro Mages? The NES game that came out... last year?
I tried putting it in the roms/nes folder like everything else in TWLmenu, but it... doesn't work for some reason. It just doesn't show up. FBI sees it, my computer sees it but TWL doesn't.
Edit: Out of nowhere, it fixed itself.
Just wondering: the SELECT menu Manual graphic is a bit off for some reason (weird horizontal gibberish line at the top). How do I fix that?
Edit 2: It does not work. It starts, but when I try to start the game and select "1 Player", it enters a data test thing where the top screen is black and the bottom screen is just frame and position data.
How do I get it to... well, work?

Last edited by Plasmaster09,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You know Micro Mages? The NES game that came out... last year?
I tried putting it in the roms/nes folder like everything else in TWLmenu, but it... doesn't work for some reason. It just doesn't show up. FBI sees it, my computer sees it but TWL doesn't.
Edit: Out of nowhere, it fixed itself.
Just wondering: the SELECT menu Manual graphic is a bit off for some reason (weird horizontal gibberish line at the top). How do I fix that?

Maybe the Rom is not ok.:(
And I also think it is simply to new for this "old" Emulator.

P1360488.JPG P1360489.JPG P1360490.JPG P1360491.JPG

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe the Rom is not ok.:(
And I also think it is simpy to new for this "old" Emulator.

View attachment 199358 View attachment 199359 View attachment 199360 View attachment 199361
No, the rom definitely works. I also put it into the NSUI injector thing and turned it into a (FUNCTIONING) Virtual Console inject so I could do multiplayer thru Download Play. (I mostly want to use emulation stuff with it on NESDS, but also multiplayer with friends, so I did both.)
However, as I said, it oddly doesn't work on TWL NESDS.

Last edited by Plasmaster09,

jms209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Twilight menu have any advantage running gba roms, over installing CIA file to homescreen?
If theirs no advantage, rather install/convert gba roms and open them from 3ds menu homescreen.

Also, any way to create shortcut to open specific rom from twilight menu? Or does everything go through twilight menu app.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Twilight menu have any advantage running gba roms, over installing CIA file to homescreen?
If theirs no advantage, rather install/convert gba roms and open them from 3ds menu homescreen.

Also, any way to create shortcut to open specific rom from twilight menu? Or does everything go through twilight menu app.
Everything goes thru TWLmenu.
The advantage is that you can have it with the rest of your roms and whatnot in one game app on the home menu, and you can use a couple (only a couple- GBArunner2 doesn't really have much customization) things you wouldn't be able to thru virtual console.

Reactions: jms209

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1