Homebrew DS Homebrew ideas

double_vision

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok... we have a warcraft tower defense..... why cant you bridge warcraft 2 to ds? you can at least make a homebrew...

(Can anyone post a .zip tower defense download? i cant get it to a zip file)

NeverGoingBack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A port of warcraft would be fantastic and there is a open source warcraft 2 editor.

I would like to see someone finish DSLair (Port of dragons lair) That currently only has 4 levels completed. Im a big fan of the series. Appearantly a retail version has been made but has yet to be released due to conflicts between the authors and publishers.

Thank You!

kitsunefire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think bomomo that application would be possible for the DS. A combination of drawing program and some new tools would probably work. I dont know how to program but I think this would be an interesting project to see.

TriggerOfHel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been waiting for a notebook-type homebrew. It'd be cool if it had a notebook-look to it, too, but it isn't necessary.

Basically, I would want it to either have both text and doodling capabilities so that I can take notes in both ways without having to switch applications to draw diagrams and stuff. I figure it'd be easiest to simply have a two-layer area, one layer for text and a layer for drawing on. It'd be easier if there was some sort of text-wrapping ability so that it would automatically detect doodles and wrap the text around it, but I'd settle for something simpler.

RatAttack

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
New to forum, New to DS (bought today) but I have a heap of things I would like to be able to do on the ds to get maximum use from it.

Here is one idea, won't appeal to most gamers, but might introduce the DS to a new customer base.

I need a good grocery list program - here is my idea.

Comes with a preloaded standard list but this needs to be customisable.
Each item needs to have a catagory (like fruit and vege, fresh meat, snack food), color co-ordinated and customisable.
You should be able to load say four supermarkets, and organise the catagories for each supermarket depending on its floor plan.
(this puts your list in the right order)
A check box is obviously required in the 'shopping' screen.
Another nice thing for some people is the ability to load and store the price for items you purchase, preferably for your four supermarkets so you can compare prices and get an idea of the cost of your shop before you go. (So you input your list, select the supermarket you are going to and the application not only organises you list into the best shopping order but gives you an estimate of the cost of your shop)
You would also need a running total as each item is checked off to let you know the value of your basket, with the ability to update item cost where necessary.

Is this the sort of ideas you were after, or is it too left field?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if anyone plays MSN games or whatnot but I would really enjoy a Hexic homebrew for the DS.
I mean, that would be awesome to just play when you have nothing else to do.

How 'bout it? An ~okay~ idea?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see someone code a program that uses the USB Linker carts. (my N-Card comes with one, a so do a ton of other N-Card clones)

My USB linker already comes with a DSPad and DSMouse app (NOT to be confused with their "wifi" counterparts!)

Using this USB Linker to do other things like perhaps turn the DS into a MIC for the PC, or have the PC send a video signal to the DS? I wonder why no one at all made any serious investigation as to what they could do with the USB linker.

The USB linker would also be the best method of sending the DS video to the computer instead of through WIFI which would be to slow for this. Yes I am aware of the "multiple program" limitation, but homebrew emulator's is proof that multitasking isn't impossible on the DS. For example, with the Super NES emulator, you can access the menu while the game is still running, and do other stuff like savestates and rewinding and fast fowarding. Not to some flashcarts have things more advanced then simple cheat codes. The Cyclo DS for example has a feature that lets you play a game in slow motion on command (as in, the feature is activated AFTER the game runs and ONLY when a button combination is used! So doing something like out putting video to a Slot-2 USB linker shouldn't be impossible.

colin1337

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be GREAT if somebody could make a guitar tab viewer
like power tab software, it could play the song as well as show the tab.
smile.gif

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
colin1337 said:
smile.gif

There's a guitar tab viewer made for the ds but I can't remember the name of it. If you look hard enough you might find it.

Edit: Holy Crap, I just realised most people joined the forums just to share their ideas. GUESS WHAT NO ONE IS GOING TO MAKE THEM (most likely)

wizlon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.suspectsoftware.co.uk
XP
Country
updowners said:
colin1337 said:
smile.gif

There's a guitar tab viewer made for the ds but I can't remember the name of it. If you look hard enough you might find it.

Holy crap I just realised people joined the forums just to share their ideas. GUESS WHAT NO ONE IS GOING TO MAKE THEM (most likely)

The software you might be refferring to is called TaBbed DS is is made by ME! I stopped work on it a bit back, but it's still fairly useful.

Here is the latest version the download is at the bottom of the post. Hope you find it useful.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
updowners said:
colin1337 said:
smile.gif

Edit: Holy Crap, I just realised most people joined the forums just to share their ideas. GUESS WHAT NO ONE IS GOING TO MAKE THEM (most likely)

fix'd. heh

i want some sort of super doodle program with some sort of flickbook, because i think flick book will corrput the card and delete everything on it based on someone's comments at the sownload page on gabtemp

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPikachu said:
i want some sort of super doodle program with some sort of flickbook, because i think flick book will corrput the card and delete everything on it based on someone's comments at the sownload page on gabtemp

What flashcard are you using? I'm using a M3Real and it works fine.
yaynds.gif

Cynder-Waluigi_K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cynder-Waluigi King's Homebrew Idea 1:

Mario Kart DS: Nintendo World

Mario characters racing around on tracks all around the Nintendo world. Mario characters can be from Mario to Waluigi to Koopa Troopa to Goomba.

(i know there is a Mario Kart DS, but why not have another?)

double_vision

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cynder-Waluigi_King said:
Cynder-Waluigi King's Homebrew Idea 1:

Mario Kart DS: Nintendo World

Mario characters racing around on tracks all around the Nintendo world. Mario characters can be from Mario to Waluigi to Koopa Troopa to Goomba.

(i know there is a Mario Kart DS, but why not have another?)

i like this idea. you could not only have more people, you could have them race arounf places from all the nintendo games. you could race around pokemon stadium, paper mario 64, starfox, and much more.

of course this wouldn't be practical as a homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I'm going to melt
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Going to smoke a bowl, eat pizza, drink a beer, and watch I Saw the TV Glow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do people on YouTube keep making themselves glow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh joy, heat wave all week where i live
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado watch tho
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah, my mom's basement is just for the weekends to check in on the family
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i usually live in your mom's basement
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +1
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: omg same, it's VERY hot here, too