DS games are slow help

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play some of my ds games on my pc but I am having this problem where I get half the speed of 60fps (I did not know ds games ran at that fps?) when playing a game like pokemon for example. I am using the latest DSemumE I should be able to play at full speed right? I have yet to try No$gba which does have DS emulation no idea about the others honestly shows that I get 40-48 fps on average yet it's slow once I get outside.
specs:
AMD a10 5745m quad @2.10ghz (2.90 with turbo)
4gb of ram
HD radeon 8610g (786 mb)
windows 8.1 pro

I played some others like radiant historia, 999 and TWEWY all played at top speed with little issues. Any idea how to fix this? Because I really want to play pokemon platinum.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I want to play some of my ds games on my pc but I am having this problem where I get half the speed of 60fps (I did not know ds games ran at that fps?) when playing a game like pokemon for example. I am using the latest DSemumE I should be able to play at full speed right? I have yet to try No$gba which does have DS emulation no idea about the others honestly shows that I get 40-48 fps on average yet it's slow once I get outside.
specs:
AMD a10 5745m quad @2.10ghz (2.90 with turbo)
4gb of ram
HD radeon 8610g (786 mb)
windows 8.1 pro

I played some others like radiant historia, 999 and TWEWY all played at top speed with little issues. Any idea how to fix this? Because I really want to play pokemon platinum.
AMD lol.

It really should be at full speed anyway, do you have JIT enabled?

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there's your problem ;)

But in all serious, go ahead and try No$GBA. That rig SHOULD be fine, but the GPU and CPU are most likely a bit slow for DeSMuMe. That's the only thing I can think of short of defragmenting your hard drive

Yeah no$gba works fine but black screens often :( I'm going to wait for my flashcart

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ