Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
Hello there

I was wondering with friend about this thing
We do know that none emulator can emulate WFC stuff because of auto-kickban from Nintendo servers (they detect emulator)
but
Can any of emulator do such thing as go through network to certain IP adress for look up of custom server? (Homebrew of course)
Because we would like in CoG make it possible for emulator guys to still be able to play with custom server set-up

Thank You in advance and have a nice day

iSubaru

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello there

I was wondering with friend about this thing
We do know that none emulator can emulate WFC stuff because of auto-kickban from Nintendo servers (they detect emulator)
but
Can any of emulator do such thing as go through network to certain IP adress for look up of custom server? (Homebrew of course)
Because we would like in CoG make it possible for emulator guys to still be able to play with custom server set-up

Thank You in advance and have a nice day

iSubaru
You can write a custom server no problemo, the problems start when you want it to interact with WFC players. You're better off making multiplayer TCP/IP based and just writing a master server program yourself.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
was the wifi encryption ever cracked? how would anyone know that nintendo has an "auto-kick" for homebrew?

ds doom uses the prboom server for communication. there was a ds tank game offered in the homebrew bounty that used a custom server for wifi play. i'm sure there are a few more as well.

-another world

iSubaru

Kitsune
OP
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
Thank You all for responds

Foxi4 - nah I would probably go with standard TCP/IP as You say, maybe with addition of some "kind" of WFC to identify players who-is-who (nick entry?) but if that goes with emulators, I'm relieved

Another World - Desmume creators stands that on wiki that they did Wi-Fi connection for WFC stuff but they were kicked quickly by servers so they did fallback in code to not use it until they will find a way

Pingouin7 - I do hope too that it can still use the standard Wi-Fi at least...guess I will have to write quick server on another PC and then try it...I still have some piece of code I believe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head