DS #5157: Okamiden: Chiisaki Taiyou (Japan)

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haven't heard this game before, until Guild posted the release for it. (in the games for XX month)

going to try it out; looks fun
smile.gif

schnoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the rudolph's patch on R4 V1.18 and YsMenu and the game does not load.
what am I doing wrong?

is there some new loader or something needed for R4?

schnoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're still using 1.18? If your R4 is NOT a clone, do yourself a favor and use WOOD 1.13

awesome. i went ahead and grabbed WOOD, and it seems to work! It saved fine anyway.
I have two games on the card though. Rudolph's tool makes an X.bak file (i assume this is the original UNPATCHED backup) and the .nds file that I see is modified.
I would not want to use the x.bak file correct (this theoretically would NOT have the patch applied, right)?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a great game so far. I wasn't expecting to be taken back to the village of the original game so soon, but it was a nice reunion. In spite of the low-res and somewhat blocky textures, the game still exhibits all of the majesty and most of the beauty of Okami. And the music and sound effects come across great on DS, surprisingly. So far, it's pretty playable. Not sure how far I'll get, but I'll enjoy it while I can and then play it again when it releases in English. In spite of Capcom gouging me with Street Fighter products, they'll still get my money for this one.

nintendomario4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help on one part of the game. Right after your leave the heavens section and Nagi's cave with Kuni, there is a message that says something you have to do after you walk down the hill. I can't read Japanese, and everytime I try to go through the portals to the other sections of the game, it just flashes and I can't go through and it wont load the next world. Is there a way to solve or am I suppose to do something?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendomario4 said:
I need help on one part of the game. Right after your leave the heavens section and Nagi's cave with Kuni, there is a message that says something you have to do after you walk down the hill. I can't read Japanese, and everytime I try to go through the portals to the other sections of the game, it just flashes and I can't go through and it wont load the next world. Is there a way to solve or am I suppose to do something?

Yeah, that's where I got stuck too. I didn't want to turn off my DS and lose my progress, but I never did figure it out.

zeando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have a question for wood users

it's normal to have the voice not following the text?
i'm a bit used to listen to jap, but it seems to me that there is a problem with the load of voice, it's all messed up, like:
i n'tdo owkn t'swha penghapni

for the else the game works fine, but the voice is disturbing >.>

Phazon13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bejiman said:
ugh...does not work with nocash and edge.

It did work on my edge v1.11 with no problems. However I can't understand a single word of japanese (just wanted to see the grfx and they're very nice) so I'll buy it when it gets in the stores:)

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I dunno about you other Wood users, but MY Wood R4 gives me the white screens of death.

On the other hand, it runs just fine on my EZ Flash Vi.

bejiman

Trophies
XP
Country
Phazon13 said:
bejiman said:
ugh...does not work with nocash and edge.

It did work on my edge v1.11 with no problems. However I can't understand a single word of japanese (just wanted to see the grfx and they're very nice) so I'll buy it when it gets in the stores:)

I tried copying the rom again and voila! It works. Thanks for posting man
yaynds.gif

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
zeando said:
i have a question for wood users

it's normal to have the voice not following the text?
i'm a bit used to listen to jap, but it seems to me that there is a problem with the load of voice, it's all messed up, like:
i n'tdo owkn t'swha penghapni

for the else the game works fine, but the voice is disturbing >.>
The voice is just gibberish, not actual japanese. Same technique used in the old Banjo Kazooie games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn