DS #5018: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of the Starry Skies (USA)

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been mentioned before, but I'll confirm it again: The framerate drops are present even on the retail cart. And it doesn't happen in battle, at least not yet. It's in town, and usually when too many polys / characters are on-screen. It's annoying, but not game-breaking.

GRmask

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
seahorsepip said:
For people were patches are not working:
Download Xenom version....
But the I need to start again...Ever heard of renaming .sav???
you tried to rename the .sav yourself or you think thats the right way?

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it works or your money back
tongue.gif

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dark Langin said:
May the rom be uploaded on the internet! And it is out! YAY!

I tried the jp one but I did not came any father than: The begin...
The official release was yesterday.

Anyone who pirates this game should be shot, it is one of the games that I am truly happy with buying, there is a promo event on the 31st at EB Games where I live where you can get entered into a draw for a DSi XL as well so there is a little incentive to buy it.

And all the people spending their time trying to patch their games so they can play it for free are just wasting their time, better off owning it and not worrying about getting banned when you play online and whatnot.

Posts Merged_______________

QUOTE(SargeSmash @ Jul 12 2010, 12:26 PM) It's been mentioned before, but I'll confirm it again: The framerate drops are present even on the retail cart. And it doesn't happen in battle, at least not yet. It's in town, and usually when too many polys / characters are on-screen. It's annoying, but not game-breaking.
Frame drops for me happened only when with a 4 person party out in the world, I have not had it otherwise in town over the first 4 and a half hours of play (@ 2nd boss).

shadow theory

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had issues with the wifi? Playing clean on cyclods and whenever I try the wifi features the connection meter in the top left corner never turns green. I tested my connection and everything is configured correctly (it works other than this game).

Just wondering.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
wtf! i was killing mobs in the quarantomb - L1 and suddenly in a fight a metal slime appeared, after the fight i got over 1k exp to all my chars :S

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSGamer64 said:
Dark Langin said:

Anyone who pirates this game should be shot, it is one of the games that I am truly happy with buying, there is a promo event on the 31st at EB Games where I live where you can get entered into a draw for a DSi XL as well so there is a little incentive to buy it.

And all the people spending their time trying to patch their games so they can play it for free are just wasting their time, better off owning it and not worrying about getting banned when you play online and whatnot.

I kinda agree with you but, hrm, do you know where you posted that? You are loosing your time...

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
DSGamer64 said:
Dark Langin said:

yeah well..i don't own a ds -walks away-

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:

If there was no pirating, a lot of jobs would be lost. Do you know how many people make up an Anti-Piracy team for a major game company?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CrimzonEyed said:
wtf! i was killing mobs in the quarantomb - L1 and suddenly in a fight a metal slime appeared, after the fight i got over 1k exp to all my chars :S
Metalbabble's give more XP but are slightly harder to kill then Metal Slimes, which in their own right are a pain to kill. The reward for killing any metal slime monster rewards high XP, good luck to those who encounter them and want to farm them, it's well worth it for a few quick levels.

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:

Imposs.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this a european translation? Every rom i came across had the day before the month and spelled things with a u like colours. Is there an american translation even in existence?

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:

Guess I'm getting shot then.

Before you start complaining about pirating, how about you give me some money so I buy my own copy, hmm?

Besides, this site doesn't host roms, they do provide patches, but not the roms themselves, go complain on a rom site, not here, cause we aren't the ones giving out the roms.

To get on topic, I started my file, already! About time I'd say
mad.gif

But where exactly is the tree I go to to give the essence up?

Fxp

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm playing patched version on R4 Wood 1.10 and it locks up at random moments about 7 hours in the game. Very annoying when it happens after 30 min grind in the dungeon when you just killed several metal slimes
smile.gif

Seastars

Trophies
XP
Country
JJBro1 said:
is this a european translation? Every rom i came across had the day before the month and spelled things with a u like colours. Is there an american translation even in existence?

That is the "american translation" (arf). It is intentional as DQ has a "generic medievil europe setting", hence they spell colour and armour correctly.

GRmask

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
now i have the xenom version and it works.
but now i dont have cheats.
i downloaded the last usercheat file on july 13 from gbatemp cheats.
please help me.
someone need to update the database with the cheats for dragon quest ix xenom version.
there is cheats on the bahamut version but it freezes on the second boss.
also i'm using r4 1.18 with ysmenu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1