DS #4905: Shepherds Crossing 2 (USA)

D

DarkKnight

Finally! I've been waiting for this one, it's been available in the states for almost a month now, although only online. This was an extremely limited release and was even delayed once without notifying retailers and there's a ton of confusion surrounding it.

I heard some decent things about it. Nothing remarkable, but supposedly it's a fairly competent farming game, which is more than you can say about some of the recent HMs. Getting this sucker now.

efiste2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I cant get it to work on my acekard2i AKAIO 1.6RC2
unsure.gif

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The funny thing is, it does not look bad. In fact, it even looks good- very nice 2D. Just feel it's rough around the edges in terms of the overall polish, but better than the usual level of games published by Graffity. Yet again, with no irritating time and stamina limits, it could be even more enjoyable than DS Harvest Moons.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chanser said:
Hey at least you corrected the release numbers.
toot.gif
One thing though B-Blue and you need to find better box arts.
tongue.gif
Well i did find one, but it was rather slow uploading it for some reason. Not sure if you went ahead and switched it already. Thanks if so. I think i originally saved a thumbnail instead of the source by accident, so that's why it was bad quality. My bad.
wink.gif

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I tried it, couldn't put it down and next thing I knew, it was 5am DD:

So addictive! I'm already up to year 2, and it's a pretty fun game!

Only complaints I have are fences are hard to arrange and there's no fridge or cupboard to keep items so it's very messy :/

D

DarkKnight

Man, this game does not hold your hand, does it? Maybe some of this is explained in the manual. But the game just kind of explains the basic controls, then it just throws you in the world and occasionally someone from the town will tell you about something you COULD be doing.

You have to figure stuff out like what those geese actually do, how the chickens lay eggs, what you need to do to fertilized eggs (game tells you to put them in an egg basket, don't!). Hey, I wonder what would happen if I chop this log up a lot... wait, I can make firewood? Pretty much nothing is documented well in the game. It seems like there could be a lot to it, if you're willing to jump in and figure shit out.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hm, are there any other aspects to this besides just farming? The thing I liked about HM was that it wasn't just limited to farming, since it had mining, fishing and some other neat little things.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Looks like an interesting game, with some nice oldschool 2D. I'll give it a try. I don't really like HM, so I don't know if I'll like this but if I don't I can always give it to my brother since he is addicted (seriously
ohmy.gif
) to FarmVille.

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
deathking said:
this is very different to the psp one where it was more turn based
i had 5 chickens and they didnt lay any eggs

Cause they haven't matured yet, probably. Anything you buy from the shop needs to mature before it can produce goods are be cooked. And of course only female ones produce eggs.

In the shops, there are animals that are the same but have two prices. the more expensive one will grow up to be female. Put a male and female together and they'll have babies. I usually keep only one male and sell any other male that happens to be produced, while the female ones will mate with the only male, giving more babies!
biggrin.gif

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some stupid tit on the release team thought it would be a good idea to plug the team by adding an intro to the game. I hate intros. I'd rather just dump my own games if thats the way it's going to be.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The old days of commodore and apple were the worst for intros, loud and obnoxious. You still run into them when using emulators. Well at least my max media dock is good for something. I use it all the time to dump games.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pliskron said:
Some stupid tit on the release team thought it would be a good idea to plug the team by adding an intro to the game. I hate intros. I'd rather just dump my own games if thats the way it's going to be.
Well, it seems that this is the way releases are going to be from now on. I hope someone dumps this without any kind of cracktro and then this release gets nukes, because IMHO releases with cracktro's are not proper releases and those dumping groups are just a bunch of big fucking attention whores.

D

DarkKnight

My animals seem to be dieing at random. They have plenty of food, and when they die there's no real warning (they're behaving fine the day before) and no reason given. It's currently just some ducks, geese, and chickens, and they're all couped up together outside. Is there something I should be doing with them other than making sure the mixed feed bin is full? Or am I just getting screwed by random chance?

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
DarkKnight said:
My animals seem to be dieing at random. They have plenty of food, and when they die there's no real warning (they're behaving fine the day before) and no reason given. It's currently just some ducks, geese, and chickens, and they're all couped up together outside. Is there something I should be doing with them other than making sure the mixed feed bin is full? Or am I just getting screwed by random chance?

You need to make sure that they're able to move around and have access to the food.

If they're all crammed into a little fenced up area with no place for moving then they can't access the feed and will die by alien abduction. :/ (Lol that's what it looks like to me anyways)

I'm currently on final upgrade of farm and first upgrade of house, with all animals except for dogs. (Haven't bothered getting any yet, not enough meat available.

6th year, and it's been a blast.

Apparently I need 25 sheep to marry the girl I want, lol. I currently have 4. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz