DS #4878: Picross 3D (USA)

mberserk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've completed all puzzles last week in hard mode, the 10 HARD GOLD puzzle is very very hard to complete without misses.

It's a Dragon.

Master_B

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just finished the game this week
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
damn... what a great game. Playing for 2 hours in a row but only 10 minutes in my head
wink.gif

Are 369 puzzels to solve.

One thing i would like have seen was the total time to solve all puzzels. And maybe a way to upload it to a site to all other people in the world to see their times
biggrin.gif
.... unfortunately this is not integrated in the game.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Master_B said:
I just finished the game this week
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
damn... what a great game. Playing for 2 hours in a row but only 10 minutes in my head
wink.gif

Are 369 puzzels to solve.

One thing i would like have seen was the total time to solve all puzzels. And maybe a way to upload it to a site to all other people in the world to see their times
biggrin.gif
.... unfortunately this is not integrated in the game.

There's also the extra puzzles that you can download over wifi. They do weekly updates of 5+ puzzles (usually from competitions held).

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
Wait JP save works with the EU/US release? I never knew that....I'm at 365 with JP version of the game, and I highly doubt I'll ever replay this game from the start, only because it takes so long to actually "start playing".
Tell me about it, you have to play through it totally linearly.
It's not like in Picross DS were X number of stages complete unlocks level X, so you don't get a choice of "Hmm, should I finish some easier puzzles, or give this harder puzzle a try?"

I like Picross 3D, but sooner or later it gets very repetitive.
Why? Unfortunately all puzzles fall victim to one route of solving. It's not like in Picross DS were every puzzle has multiple ways of solving it.
In Picross 3D, it's mostly a case of trying one side of the cube, going through it, turning to the other side, and repeating.
It's not challenging at all as it's simply a matter of locating where you need to make a move, and moving it.
It's not like Picross DS where you must logically thinking about how a block can or cannot exist in a cell depending on its row and column, sadly.

Picross 3D is a nice attempt at adding a dimension, but in doing so actually removes depth from the puzzler by generating clues for some blocks, and not for others.

Viva La Picross DS, the better Picross.

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
RupeeClock said:
Toni Plutonij said:
Wait JP save works with the EU/US release? I never knew that....I'm at 365 with JP version of the game, and I highly doubt I'll ever replay this game from the start, only because it takes so long to actually "start playing".
Tell me about it, you have to play through it totally linearly.
It's not like in Picross DS were X number of stages complete unlocks level X, so you don't get a choice of "Hmm, should I finish some easier puzzles, or give this harder puzzle a try?"

I like Picross 3D, but sooner or later it gets very repetitive.
Why? Unfortunately all puzzles fall victim to one route of solving. It's not like in Picross DS were every puzzle has multiple ways of solving it.
In Picross 3D, it's mostly a case of trying one side of the cube, going through it, turning to the other side, and repeating.
It's not challenging at all as it's simply a matter of locating where you need to make a move, and moving it.
It's not like Picross DS where you must logically thinking about how a block can or cannot exist in a cell depending on its row and column, sadly.

Picross 3D is a nice attempt at adding a dimension, but in doing so actually removes depth from the puzzler by generating clues for some blocks, and not for others.

Viva La Picross DS, the better Picross.

I can't agree more. Although it's a good game, it is not as interesting as Picross DS, especially because of this lack of depth. For now, I didn't find any puzzle hard and solve them immediatly with 3 stars... (I've solved 200 atm)

However, I whish I didn't find the tactic you give : it makes the game too easy and mechanical...

D

Deleted User

Yes, that's pretty much the problem with Picross 3D. I still enjoyed it, but it's tremendously mechanical compared to Picross.

I'm at the 8th level on medium difficulty and the only thing I can imagine it will happen on hard is that I'll be forced to make guesses based on the form, which sucks.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tetram said:
I can't agree more. Although it's a good game, it is not as interesting as Picross DS, especially because of this lack of depth. For now, I didn't find any puzzle hard and solve them immediatly with 3 stars... (I've solved 200 atm)

However, I whish I didn't find the tactic you give : it makes the game too easy and mechanical...
I can hardly even call it a tactic, it just seems to be the natural progression of solving it, I started doing it automatically soon enough and it got boring.

QUOTE(schismzgz @ May 5 2010, 03:01 PM) Yes, that's pretty much the problem with Picross 3D. I still enjoyed it, but it's tremendously mechanical compared to Picross.

I'm at the 8th level on medium difficulty and the only thing I can imagine it will happen on hard is that I'll be forced to make guesses based on the form, which sucks.
I'm still only on easy.
Sooooo booooriiiing. They could at least unlock MORE of the later puzzles.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
granville said:
You could have just tried the EU version which was dumped a few days ago.
Or played the Japanese one which came out over a year ago...

I don't understand Japanese and I managed to play it just fine.

Great game, BTW.

D

Deleted User

He means if you got a circled number (5, for example) and there are only 6 possible squares to mark, you can safely mark both ends of the row or column.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
We get a great game late (Warioware DIY)
The US gets a great game late (Picross 3D)

We're equal
tongue.gif

Oh and this game is very addictive. I'm currently on Level 10 right now and the massive puzzles, small numbers and accidental mistakes p*** me off a lot. Fun game though. Played it when I was supposed to do coursework/revise for exams...

Planning to get the gold medal for Hard mode.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I just couldn't get into this one. I usually love puzzle games, lost hours to the original Picross but after picking it up and putting it down a few times over the past month I'm not sure if I'll go back. I found I'd often have to guess or assume the shape was symmetrical to solve the rows it didn't give any numbers on, which as far as I'm concerned defeats the point of a game based on logic. Maybe I'm missing something, it seems a little weird that no-one else has mentioned that so prehaps it's just me.

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
JP/US/EU contests and downloads are different so If you have already done the standard puzzles, having all 3 roms would mean you can get 3 lots of downloads every week. This is about 300 puzzles per version...

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Psyfira said:
I just couldn't get into this one. I usually love puzzle games, lost hours to the original Picross but after picking it up and putting it down a few times over the past month I'm not sure if I'll go back. I found I'd often have to guess or assume the shape was symmetrical to solve the rows it didn't give any numbers on, which as far as I'm concerned defeats the point of a game based on logic. Maybe I'm missing something, it seems a little weird that no-one else has mentioned that so prehaps it's just me.
In rows that didn't gave any numbers, you have to solve then from different perspective! There is very little, to no guessing, you simply have to look very hard, and twist it all around!
Even if there are any puzzles you actually have to guess some parts, they are later in the game, with much harder puzzles, nowhere near beginning of the game!

Just wanted to share this
biggrin.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
Psyfira said:
In rows that didn't gave any numbers, you have to solve then from different perspective! There is very little, to no guessing, you simply have to look very hard, and twist it all around!
Even if there are any puzzles you actually have to guess some parts, they are later in the game, with much harder puzzles, nowhere near beginning of the game!

Just wanted to share this
biggrin.gif
On paper that sounds good, but in actuality it makes the puzzle solving very linear and mechanical.
Turn, search, mark, repeat ad nauseum.
Congrats, you just solved Picross 3D.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
its a very fantastic game which really has a different concept to solving puzzles though its just simple breaking blocks and creating a figure.
Guessing huh, maybe they ran out of tricks though it makes the game more exciting that way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER