DS #3537: Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume (USA)

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is really good! the only complaint I have is the way you enter battle when you attack an enemy there just isn't a need for it, do you know what I'm talking about? lol

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Ruri said:
fabiofloyd said:
Man i am very frustrated with voice issue, i dont believe that there arent a way to add japanese voices. I tryed to undub, but only japanese battlevoices appeared.
Edit.: I was thinking about the possibility to get japa version and use the usa files to translate only texts, is that possible?
The voices aren't so bad in this one, really. Except that annoying crossbow chick, but part of the advantage in this game is that if you don't like someone's voice you can sacrifice them with your magic feather.
tongue.gif

ya, death to all lousy VA
biggrin.gif
as for me, i gona aim for a totally no scarifice approach for the first playthrough, maybe in the next 2, i start sacrificing them like its my last battle
biggrin.gif

crook

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hksmrchan said:
crook said:
finally a mature rpg and not that usally silly kiddie stuff
Oh stop that shit.

Just because its kiddy stuff doesn't mean its not good.

who says it's not good? I'm tired of the same graphic style for 6 years old kids. 30 years of videogaming history and they think 20-40 year old people wanna play this kiddie shit?

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not bad. I love the VP battle system. VP on the PS1 was flawed but fun. There were some good little stories in there.

So far this dialogue is just boring me though... I hate going into towns and just having to skip through text, then off to the next battle. I wish I could walk around in a town, talk to some random people, go into the shop, pub etc.

And I hate how long it takes for it to switch between enemy and ally phases. I just want to get in there fast and do big combos.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Ruri said:
fabiofloyd said:
Man i am very frustrated with voice issue, i dont believe that there arent a way to add japanese voices. I tryed to undub, but only japanese battlevoices appeared.
Edit.: I was thinking about the possibility to get japa version and use the usa files to translate only texts, is that possible?
The voices aren't so bad in this one, really. Except that annoying crossbow chick, but part of the advantage in this game is that if you don't like someone's voice you can sacrifice them with your magic feather.
tongue.gif
We want an undub not because the VA is bad, but because there is NO VA for quite a lot of scenes in the game, which was available in the Japanese version in the game.

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
can anyone explain why dubbing sucks? because it is english? if thats is the case, it because you do speak english, and you dont speak japans
and everything they said sound very emotional
if you know japans language and you are watching a original english game that has been dubbed to japans, you will also said it suck because it has been dubbed
not because sound better in english or japans

Helveteskuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wekker said:
can anyone explain why dubbing sucks? because it is english? if thats is the case, it because you do speak english, and you dont speak japans
and everything they said sound very emotional
if you know japans language and you are watching a original english game that has been dubbed to japans, you will also said it suck because it has been dubbed
not because sound better in english or japans

In this case it's because there isn't any spoken dialogue at all except for the stuff the characters say when they attack and stuff, so why not try to add a language you do not understand instead of enjoying the silence.

Japanese dialogue > no dialogue.

hope I made myself clear, I'm not very good at expressing myself in english.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to play VP 1/2 to figure out this game. But if you have, than it helps you know about the time and setting a little bit more.

EDIT: And by the way, VP 1 and 2 are both great games. So if you have a PS2, you should pick them up!

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Newbie here
smile.gif

I started playing this yesterday and got to chapter one. When I went to load the game this morning my game started with a message along the lines of, "Corrupt data found. Deleting data". I'm using an R4 SDHC with firmware 1.25.

Now my question is, has anyone else come across this playing Valkyrie Profile and is there a way to fix it?

*As a newb, I think I made my first mistake. I hang my head in shame and will post in the ROM Hacking Forum. My apologies.

~Tiny~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Renzozuken said:
this game is hard!
ohmy.gif
I barely survived chapter 3... nah maybe im just a noob.

No, you're right. This game is very hard.
Has anyone else found this game to be incredibly hard?
I've never done this bad with any other SRPG. I'm having MAJOR trouble, and it's only the 4th/5th mission.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
maybe it was cos i played the first VP, i just find this to be a tad difference, but one tip, gang up on them
biggrin.gif
and familiarise yourself with their attack, if u have 4 people, the battle will be easy as long as u can master chaining them to form 100 gauge
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol