DS #3124: Hajime no Ippo THE FIGHTING! DS (Japan)

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
the game looks like garbage IMO. I mean seriously, why does the referee keep on counting when the character is standing up and looks like he's ready to fight?
the gameplay looks flawed.. the music kinda sucks... However, since I haven't really played the game yet, I have yet to pass any scores
smile.gif

Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting for GBA was top notch game, was awesome when linking with friends. Simply the best boxing game in a long time. Nowadays I think that xbox 360 fighting game is the shit... Jaw Breaker.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Raika said:
Ima wait for animal boxing.
tongue.gif

Which comes out today.

On another note, how can they tell that "THE FIGHTING!" is really in all caps in text? Since usually art (such as box art) usually includes all capital letters because it's visually more appealing or obvious, or something like that. Like they do for comics characters.

NatsuMatto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
On another note, how can they tell that "THE FIGHTING!" is really in all caps in text? Since usually art (such as box art) usually includes all capital letters because it's visually more appealing or obvious, or something like that. Like they do for comics characters.

It appears that way in ALL promotional materials and covers for the manga version as well. A measly "the fighting" cannot possibly capture "THE FIGHTING!!!" that is Hajime no Ippo.

Chief_Second

Trophies
XP
Country
...... I'm disappointed it's not like the psp version! maybe the ds does not have the hardware support for it!

also, when using the touch screen you cannot see the boxer - or maybe i have fat hands?

Posts merged

i was hoping this was meant to read King Hajime no IPPO
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

King_Hippo.png

marsteam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow this game is so fun! The framerate and speed are a lot better than the YouTube video suggests. I don't see the polygon glitching in the game that the YouTube video shows... Hit a knockout blow and you have to restrain yourself from cheering because the hit looked so devastating! Not to mention a clean knockout hit sounds like a reverberating gunshot! I love the way the BGM changes to a more frenzied pace when you have your opponent wobbly and it's time to put this bum out of his misery. Great motion capture and sound.
The stylus controls are quite good; tapping a spot will aim a jab at the point you click, and felt precise and accurate. Sweeping the stylus vertically or horizontally makes the fighter do looping punches or uppercuts. The farther from your torso you start the motion, the wider (and riskier!) the punch. Training in the mini games somewhat improves your 'flow' and ability to smoothly transition from move to move. I have to play more to figure out how to block and defend well.
In my opinion, even with the JPN language barrier (In between rounds, I don't know what most of the on-screen buttons do), one of my favorite action games this year. Who would of thought a good fighting game would ever appear on the DS!

BTW the ref counts to eight because of the 'standing 8 count' rule.

moley

Trophies
Website
thefullmetalalchemist.com
XP
Country
Elrinth said:
the game looks like garbage IMO. I mean seriously, why does the referee keep on counting when the character is standing up and looks like he's ready to fight?
the gameplay looks flawed.. the music kinda sucks... However, since I haven't really played the game yet, I have yet to pass any scores
smile.gif

since your allowed to be down for 10 seconds boxers will normally take advantage of this so even though your up on your feet the ref will count until you confirm your ready to continue giving you an extra few second to recover.

If he didnt go down but go hit a few times then it could be the standing 8 count rule, though I think thats only in amateur boxing.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want my new issue in the manga... Randy needs to eat crap soon, I hate that asshat.
PSP game was the best in series, but Jimmy was broken in it.
This still rules tho, HNI FTW!

Clockerstance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hollowuk said:
Was this developed by Treasure like the GBA version?

I would also like to know this, but I can't find any info on it... Also I don't really feel like "buying" it to find out. I don't have much room on my card uh, money :/
I hope it's like the GBA one and stuff. Blah blah blah, thanks.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All we need now is either a local release or a menu translation. Seems pretty nice, but in many cases I don't know what I'm doing or what options to choose because of all the Japanese text.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Rayder said:
All we need now is either a local release or a menu translation. Seems pretty nice, but in many cases I don't know what I'm doing or what options to choose because of all the Japanese text.
I can easily translate this, this is like...umm easy romhacking practice
tongue.gif

See, easily translatable and the such.
2vtnls6.png

Find me a translator and I'll have it done in no time, and I'm talking about a full translation
tongue.gif

smileipb2.png

Update:
28mjzoo.jpg

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece

NatsuMatto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Translation project-- awesome. Thanks a lot.

I love this manga series... read something like 80 volumes in a row last summer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw